Hi everyone here who are all dealing with the effects this disease has on them

Catkins77

May 18, 2024
I've been reading lots of posts over the past few weeks and so many of them strike a chord with me. Caring for elderly parents, tick. Parents now in CH, tick. POA and sibling causing upset and abusing the system, check. Family members at each others throats before the people in care have even passed, check.
Sorry if this seems a bit depressing but it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who feels alone and is trying to navigate confusing and emotionally charged situations. All my best and virtual hugs to all of you. Cat xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Catkins77 .

I’m glad you’ve posted on the forum. You’ll find understanding and support here. Hopefully it will help you feel less alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Catkins77 and welcome from me also to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a lot of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.
You are never alone on this forum. Members here really do want to help and you'll find understanding and empathy for sure. This is a safe space to reach out, and not feel so alone. Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Just pull your big girls pants up round your waist and dive in Cat honey, all here to help if we can. K

Catkins77

May 18, 2024
Thanks you three. So much appreciated. Think this forum is going to help me keep swimming and not sink. 🙂

Spottydog

Dec 8, 2023
This forum is the alternate universe where those of us with dementia in our lives hang out. You will find plenty of support here ❤️