Hello ,my husband is suffering from dementia and it's progressing very fast. I am his caregiver 24×7 and with Almighty's blessings I try my best .

harvinder

Feb 5, 2024
Hello ,my husband is suffering from dementia and it's progressing very fast. I am his caregiver 24×7 and with Almighty's blessings I try my best .

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @harvinder.

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. I‘m glad you’ve found this forum. You’ll always find someone here to understand and to offer support.

From your use of the word ‘caregiver’ I’m thinking you may be in the USA. If that’s the case then you’re not alone It doesn’t matter where people are based and we have a lot of members from the USA.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome from me too @harvinder . This is a very friendly space and members here really do want to help.
You are right it is so tough being a main carer 24/7. All you can do is do your best, and you are doing that. Try to get some time for you, just so you perhaps can get a few hours respite.

Watson1

Sep 4, 2023
@harvinder Again welcome tell us a bit of your story, how long has your husband been diagnosed, do you have any help. If you are from the US im from Vermont . Hi. I have alzheimers and this is one great bunch of extended family.