FROM SUCH HUMBL:E BEGINNINGS

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
WE BEGAN WITH SUCH HUMBLE BEGINNINGS

Hiya, what you see below is certainly not something I ever expected when we launched the Purple Angel dementia campaign ten years ago this November in little old Torquay in front of just 40 wonderful people.. Now recognized in most parts of the world, (over 60+ countries) and thousands of global Purple Angel dementia ambassadors later, and as you will read are now launching in South East Asia on October 6th this year and I have been asked to send a video, as Founder, for one of the opening speech. The words mindblowing and Gobsmacked come to mind but just don't cover it really, but, as my illness continues to get worse I can sleep solid in the Knowledge, that the Purple Angel has spread her wings even further and will continue to do so
NORRMS NC NAMARA

Hiya Norrms
I hope this message finds you well. I am delighted to inform you and your esteemed organization that the official launching of Purple Angel Philippines, along with a conference on dementia with the theme "Cure and Care: The Future Perspective of Dementia," has been confirmed. The event will take place on October 6, 2023, in Cebu City, coinciding with the commemoration of Elderly Filipino Week, observed from October 1 to 7. This momentous occasion marks a significant step in our journey towards creating dementia-friendly communities and fostering a more inclusive society for those affected by dementia. This event holds national importance and will include a focus on the role of music therapy in dementia care, emphasizing its value in helping individuals with difficulty communicating to express themselves and connect with their emotions.

As you know, the Purple Angel Dementia Movement, founded by you in 2013, is a global awareness campaign and initiative aimed at raising awareness and understanding about dementia. Your dedication to advocating for dementia-friendly communities worldwide, promoting empathy, support, and compassion for individuals living with dementia and their caregivers, has been truly inspiring.

The conference objectives include uniting stakeholders from the Philippines and Southeast Asia to collaboratively address dementia challenges. We aim to raise awareness, empower individuals with dementia, highlight the importance of music therapy, promote dementia-friendly practices, and officially launch The Purple Angel Dementia Awareness Campaign. Moreover, we seek to strengthen our presence and collaboration, form a dedicated core group, and advocate for dementia-friendly policies and community support to create a lasting positive impact on dementia care and support in the region.

In light of your instrumental role in the Purple Angel Dementia Movement and its profound impact on dementia awareness and support, we would be deeply honored if you could deliver a speech via video. Your speech could include insights into the movement's origins, especially its beginning in the Philippines, where I was awarded as the first ambassador on March 14, 2019. Additionally, it would be wonderful if you could highlight our first collaboration during the Dementia Care During Covid-19 – A webinar in collaboration with UK Purple Angel on July 18, 2020, which garnered significant attention from individuals across Southeast Asia. Where you speak about the dementia movement in your country.

Thank you for your unwavering dedication to this cause, which has inspired me and many others deeply. Together, let us continue to make a lasting difference in the lives of individuals living with dementia and their caregivers. This is just the beginning, and I am committed to furthering awareness programs for dementia within my region of focus in Southeast Asia.

With warm regards,

Jiil
Head of Operations in Southeast Asia

Scarlet Lady

Apr 6, 2021
Well done, Norrms. What an amazing achievement (And so much more than any politician worldwide has accomplished). 👏 🥰

MatthewB

Oct 3, 2022
Arkansas
Wow is perty awesome you make that big oganise start up sorry take so many reading to get it but now I do so congrashulsat on that is help so many people is wonderful.

ForgetMeNot2

Sep 11, 2023
West Yorkshire
Norrms

I find your posts so informative and eloquent. I wish i was able to put a n article together like you.
You are an inspiration to all of us to keep going in this dreadful illness.
Keep at it Norrms 💕

Shelleydvr

Jun 10, 2023
Norms,,, You are always an inspiration...

I'm trying to get my head around how you achieved this.. I would love to get something working, at least on a small scale, in South Africa if I could. Support is very lacking here, and I would like it if I can start campaigns.. At the same time, I'm far enough advanced, that I would need help getting this together..

Thanks again, for your inspiration!

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Hi Norrms, it was about 8 years ago I first came across your wonderful poetry on here and then your work on Purple Angel and I am so pleased at how it has gone on to change lives, so inspirational, thank you.