BBC news - makes me think of us 😢

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-68780023

what a heartbreaking story 😭

I do hope there is an investigation which will no doubt reveal lack of support, lack of GP help, lack of referral to mh services and general failure 😭😭

And what has happened to the poor chap? I know they were thinking about secure care homes? In he was under 65 it would be a secure psychiatric hospital

awful!

Kated1

Feb 17, 2024
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-68780023

what a heartbreaking story 😭

I do hope there is an investigation which will no doubt reveal lack of support, lack of GP help, lack of referral to mh services and general failure 😭😭

And what has happened to the poor chap? I know they were thinking about secure care homes? In he was under 65 it would be a secure psychiatric hospital

awful!
That is terrifying!
I am thinking of copying this link and sending it to the social worker who insists my stepmother stay in her home with live in carers even though she has already hit, kicked and spat at them. This makes me realise that the potential is that at some point she may completely lose it and I just have to hope she does not have a knife in her hand when she does. I have already had to create an “escape room” with a lock on the inside so the carer can lock herself in when my stepmothers anger gets out of control.

backin

Feb 6, 2024
The other story this week was the chap that disappeared in Spain while on holiday. I wonder if they found him?

DaftDad

Apr 8, 2024
I read this and thought about my Dad. We've already got certain carers who refuse to go to his house because he can get very agitated and verbally abusive and has pushed carers and hit one with his walking stick. Social services were disinterested whatsoever in our reports of these episodes to them and blamed the care agency for not giving staff robust enough training in being assertive.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFrazer