Anyone doing the London 2 Brighton 100km Challenge for Alzheimer's

Sean Keys

Sep 2, 2012
Hi all.

I've entered into it to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society, and am aiming for the £1000 mark, and I was wondering if any of you were also doing it? I have entered as a walker, but intend to walk and jog parts of it.

Anyway, I was wondering who, if any, of you are participating?

It would be great to meet with someone doing it for the same cause, and also for a bit of mutual support thru tough training times ahead.

If any of you fancy showing me a bit of support, or want to keep up to date with how my training is going, you can press like on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Sean.London2Brighton2013

I have a fundraising page open, although i wont be putting it public for another while yet as I don't want to take the proverbial pee as there is 7 months to go yet.

Sean Keys

Sep 2, 2012
How long are you aiming to take? I'd need 5 days at least!
Hahaha, sometimes it feels I would need the same!

I entered as a walker because you'd need to finish within 15 hours to qualify as a runner, so i took the safe option, but intend to walk and jog some, however if my training goes well in the next 7 months, I may upgrade to runner status..

But realistically, I would hope to finish in 17 to 18 hours.. I recently did a 26.2 mile walk in 7.5 hours.. and this is around 60 miles or thereabouts..

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
You have my greatest admiration Sean. I could only do it in the car:D.

I'm not afraid if walking but that is a loooooong way.

Janx

Sean Keys

Sep 2, 2012
You have my greatest admiration Sean. I could only do it in the car:D.

I'm not afraid if walking but that is a loooooong way.

Janx

Lol, thanks, yes it is a long way, and I am a tad worried I wont do it, although with a lot of training and positive thinking, it should be good :)

I'll do anything if it is to help in even a small way to raise awareness or funds for this group. :)