Advise please

angel wings

Mar 22, 2024
Hi I'm a new member here and discovered this group by searching Google for something else. my mom who has dementia is now on end of life care. When my son's and I visited her this morning her eye color was black this distressed my son's as there granny has blue eyes. She is now on oramorphe and all she keeps saying is please has anyone else seen this before any advice would be greatly received. Thanks In advance

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @angel wings and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. I am afraid that I am not able to help with your question as it is outside of my experience but I hope that some of our other members will be able to help.

Lakeland67

Jul 24, 2023
Carlisle
Bless you all, I am a ‘home carer’ and have sat with those I care for when they are end of life and in their final moments. Nobody can say when a person at end of life is going to pass, my belief is they will Passover when they feel the time is right. My thoughts are with you all ❤️

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @angel wings

Im so sorry to hear about your mom. This is a difficult stage as the body slowly closes down. I still remember it well with my mum. The change of eye colour is due to the orarmorph, so try not to worry about it. There will be other physical changes that happen too, like the limbs growing cold and (right at the end) the breathing will change so that there will be gaps between the breaths. All of this is normal.

It sounds like she is frightened. Hold her hand. Talk to her. Even when she appears unresponsive she will still be able to hear and know that you are there. Tell her you love her. Tell her that it is OK for her to go.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

angel wings

Mar 22, 2024
Hello @angel wings

Im so sorry to hear about your mom. This is a difficult stage as the body slowly closes down. I still remember it well with my mum. The change of eye colour is due to the orarmorph, so try not to worry about it. There will be other physical changes that happen too, like the limbs growing cold and (right at the end) the breathing will change so that there will be gaps between the breaths. All of this is normal.

It sounds like she is frightened. Hold her hand. Talk to her. Even when she appears unresponsive she will still be able to hear and know that you are there. Tell her you love her. Tell her that it is OK for her to go.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))
Hi @angel wings and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. I am afraid that I am not able to help with your question as it is outside of my experience but I hope that some of our other members will be able to help.
Thank you

angel wings

Mar 22, 2024
Bless you all, I am a ‘home carer’ and have sat with those I care for when they are end of life and in their final moments. Nobody can say when a person at end of life is going to pass, my belief is they will Passover when they feel the time is right. My thoughts are with you all ❤️
Thank you

angel wings

Mar 22, 2024
Thank you