zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Natashalou

Mar 22, 2007
london
Im so tired today I can hardly type. We had a 5 hour mother visit on Sunday which went suprisingly well..she reacts a lot better to my older son also present than she does to me, and she behaved herself!
Never theless it was draining, and I looked for ward to a restful monday..I went gleefully shopping in the morning and came back at about 3pm. At 4pm the home rang, she had a fall, went charging down there to find her being carted off in an ambulance to a hospital miles away, (A and e closed at the local one!)
I follow in the car, terrible traffic and Im worried the whole time that I see the sirens go on , but we all arrive safely.
I then pay £6 to park under threat of wheel clamping, and find mum has managed to give her details except she gave then and address and phone she had 10 years ago!! fancy her recalling those.
We then have a 5 hour wait there. Mum of course keeps needing the toilet, another drama, and a drunk is brought into the next cubicle who keeps lookin into hers and abusing her..(my son has to be stopped from punching him)
finally home she goes, by taxi, the hospital doesnt run to return transport it seems, her face like she has dont ten rounds with frank bruno and arm strapped up, she has broken it and has to go back to fracture clinic.
Finally home again at ten to find younger son been beaten up for mobile fone by gang of youths.
Call police who say sorry, we have nobody to send, go and report it tomorrow.
Next time I receive my tax bill I think I will be saying I have no money to send the government, I thought I paid it for services like ambulance and police but it seems not.
Very bad headache and tired out this morning!

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Poor you, what a horrible day.

I presume you have to take Mum to the fracture clinic today, or do the staff at the home do that?

As for your poor son, that is a terrible thing to happen and for the police not to act is disgraceful, it sends a bad message out to those who use violence to steal................they probably know full well that the chances of being caught are close to zero.

I can't be of any practical help, but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you, your Mum and your son.

Kathleen
x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Sorry I cannot help you just to give lots and lots of sympathy. Hope you and your son have a better day and the fracture clinic does not create problems - chin up and all that.

Get as much rest and relaxation whilst you can. Best wishes Beckyjan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Natasha,

What a bad day you had. I know exectly what you`ve been through with your mother as my husband fell and broke his arm a couple of years ago. We were at A&E from 5pm-1am.

But I didn`t have the additional worry of a son being beaten up. That`s even worse.

Hope the Fracture Clinic isn`t too awful. Also hope you get some rest.

Take care xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Natasha, along with everyone else, I'm hoping that today turns out a bit better for all of you, although when you're talking fracture clinic, it'll probably mean a lot of waiting.

Jennifer

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Natasha,

There is an old saying (which I cannot recall properly!) about trouble coming "not as single spies" but "in battalions"!! Sure sounds like the battalions are up against you at present.

I hope your sons, your Mum and especially you can have a more peaceful and less distressing day!! Thinking of you.

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Natasha

Hope your son is not too badly hurt or traumatized. Hope after the day you've had, you are not traumatized either and your Mum will heal.
Look on the bright side, Mum and son are both OK. It could have been worse.
Not trying to minimise things, just trying to help and am so sorry you have had such a bad day

Look after yourself

Alfjess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyKB