Zooms round the village on his bike......

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
His daily routine has become so utterly defined......

He watches the weather forecast avidly, and is so put out if it rains.

As soon as he can he zips off round the village on his bike, thankfully, some of it is on deserted lanes, as he goes down the middle of the road obstructing traffic.

Exercise done, he comes home, and by 10.00am is in his armchair, right by the side of the TV, volume up to 68 yesterday, and the quiz shows from the 80's/90's come on - Les Dennis and Nicky Campbell, along with Bruce Forsyth fill our home until mid afternoon, every single day, when we have The Switch, Tipping Point and Cash Trapped, -

He is in front of the TV for around 14 hours, doing nothing, not saying anything, and I cannot escape from the noise - I feel like crying.

I did go out to day, or else I would have screamed at him. Got the bus into the nearby town, did a bit of shopping, came home to be greeted by the quizzes again - I don't mind if I never, ever see another quiz as long as I live.....

It was such an effort to get into town, I feel as though all the life has been sucked out of me...

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Do you have another room to go to for some peace @maryjoan? I used to go into our bedroom where I had the computer, the radio and a television. Also my phone. It was where I spent the most of my time on DTP

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Do you have another room to go to for some peace @maryjoan? I used to go into our bedroom where I had the computer, the radio and a television. Also my phone. It was where I spent the most of my time on DTP
We are in a bungalow, and although I shut the doors and go into the conservatory, but I can't sit in there all day long, though maybe I should think of getting an armchair in there, that might be an idea.......

Bedllington

Jul 22, 2018
I think there are some 'noise cancelling' headphones available to buy. If you google it they should come up. Hope you manage to get some and some peace and quiet x

silver'lantern

Apr 23, 2019
i got my PwD bluetooth headset. as they are wireless it doesn't matter if he gets up and walks off. i just have to make sure they are charged. decent ones can be quite expensive but o worth it not to have to hear tv/radio all day and night! i know how you feel it drives me nuts. sensory overload. how i craved quiet..... the headsets work well.

charlie10

Dec 20, 2018
As th others have said.....headphones for him, what about headphones and ipod for you......music/podcastsetc? Someone else's tv programmes are infuriating.....my husband can't walk into the room wthout turning the tv on, and sometimes I have to find somewhere else, I think we value quiet more as we get older, maybe a reaction to the overload in our teen years ;) hope you can find a solution that works for you