Ytt

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Hi everybody,
In the next week or so I am going on a course run at Ron's Nursing Home.
It is called YTT [Yesterday-Today and Tomorrow] I've looked it up and it is an Alzheimer's Society training course.

I just wondered if anybody on TP had done it and did they find it benificial.

You can go on 2 day courses held in major cities for a fee of £105

It would be nice to know if any of you had been on one.

Aileen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Aileen,

I`m ashamed to say I know nothing about the YTT course, but it sounds good to me.

Thanks for mentioning it. I`ll look into it and try to find out more, not that I`d be able to go, as I`m unable to leave my husband, but I might at a later date.

I hope it goes well. Let us know.

With love

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

Aileen, wishing you lots of benefit from the course .... the title reminded me of a message I was sent more than 12 months ago and thought this was worth sharing amongst Tpers .......

"There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is YESTERDAY with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. YESTERDAY has passed forever beyond our control.

All the money in the world cannot bring back YESTERDAY. We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said. YESTERDAY is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is TOMORROW with its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and poor performance. TOMORROW is also beyond our immediate control.

TOMORROW'S sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds - but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in TOMORROW, for it is as yet unborn.

This leaves only one day - TODAY - Any man can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities – YESTERDAY and TOMORROW that we break down.

It is not the experience of TODAY that drives men mad - it is remorse or bitterness for something which happened YESTERDAY and the dread of what TOMORROW may bring.

Let us, therefore, live but one day at a time."

Karen, x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Karen, thank you so much for sharing that. It makes so much sense, although it's so difficult to follow.

We all brood too much on hurts that are past, and fears that may never materialise. Norman's 'Day by day' sums up the philosophy.

I will try!

Love,

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Yes thanks for sharing that karen , I read that autistic children have not imagination for tomorrow , so they must just live in the hear now . No wonder they say autistic children have a gift .

I have read about that course on the AZ site , I think its to do with how to view life from a person view/see life from a person perspective that has dementia/ AZ , I wanted to do it, but for the cost , so your lucky really if they are sending paying for you to go on it . or are you paying for it ? I went on a day course called diversity with my local AZ group , that also mention about today, tomorrow ,yesterday.

Love to read your feedback on it when you go

Last edited:

Gill W

Jan 31, 2007
Co. Durham
What a wonderful quotation!

Rather like the one that say "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to know the difference."

I've copied that quotation, and will be printing it as a poster for my mum. I really think that it has such meaning.

My boyfriend has always lived by the philosophy that we should live each day as it comes, and it has started to rub off on me. It stops whole heaps of stresses building up inside you when you train yourself to "cross that bridge when I come to it."

I've always been one for remorse and putting the cart before the horse, I think I shall read that post every day now.

Thank you for that.

Gill
XX

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Hi,
The course starts Easter Monday and the following Monday 9-00am til 4-00pm.
I have a feeling I shall need to take a few big hankies as I am quite an emotional person. Yes it is free and I was quite surprised to see it was so expensive outside the Home. Really looking forward to it as I think knowledge is always a good thing and I'm looking forward to seeing if I can still do the tests.
I'll let you know how I go on.
Love, Aileenxxxxx

ps. Can somebody tell me how to put the smilies into the text?

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Can somebody tell me how to put the smilies into the text?

when you reply to a post, does your text window look like this, with the smilies alongside?

if yes, then just select the one you want using your mouse and it will appear - as text, not the picture - within the window

:)

Attachments

• smilies.jpg
    smilies.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 277

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
:rolleyes: Thanks Bruce,
Always the font of knowledge.

Afraid it's not working and I don't seem to have them disabled.:confused:

I did that from the white one at the top of the box

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Aileen,
It`s so reassuring to know I`m not the only one who can`t get to grips with all the technology.
Love

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I've had the same thing happen on other people's PCs when i've used them, and never got to the bottom of it. :mad:

You can simply type in the characters directly of course to get the smilies - see attachment to show which is which

Attachments

• smiley longhand.jpg
    smiley longhand.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 286

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Bruce, how about a tutorial on how you did your wonderful 'Happy Birthday' attachment?

Perhaps something to add to your to-do list for 2009?

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
how about a tutorial on how you did your wonderful 'Happy Birthday' attachment
unfortunately, you need to have software that can produce such things [they are known as animated GIFs].

Since leaving full time work I have identified and purchased a number of different low-cost programs so I can do a bit of jiggery pokery on the PC. I have found that these cheap products can do everything I want, and at 10% of the cost of the normal professional products.

examples of the sorts of things I do:

- image manipulation [photos, screen shots - as above]

- drawings

- page layout [reports, greetings cards, multiple photographs, more image manipulation]

- photo and video editing to produce DVDs for the family

- music conversion vinyl to digital

... to call me an anorak is vastly to underestimate the level of my anoraky-ness :D

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Could you PM me the name of the software for animated gifs, multiple photos, etc?

I've done greetings cards etc. for years, using John's paintings, and I can manipulate photos, but I noticed, very enviously, your multiple photos. Did a DTP course many moons ago.

I used to be a bit of an anorak too, but now I spend too much time on TP and technology has moved on so much since I did my course.

It would be good for me to learn something new.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Everything I do on the computer, especially posting pictures and resizing, comes courtesey of Bruce and his patience in explaining. Thanks Great Wise One.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I learn something new today in putting that photo of my mother and I, save me the hassle of making it smaller. Thought I would add photo because it TP birthday :) I got a Gif program downloaded it free only thing was I needed a add on to it that I had to pay , and it was all so complicated that I got bored with it . So took it of, so an internet friend from photobucket.com done it for me , made me a lovely fairly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet