YTT again

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Hi everybody,
Just had to go back 5 pages to find my original posting about the YTT course.
I finished it yesterday and it was very, very interesting. Two 8hr days with very short breaks and a lot of intensive facts. I was with my friend who's husband is with Ron and the other 8 were all young carer's from the home.
There was a lot of question and answer sessions with slide show and a video. It was good for us to hear their side and for them to hear our experiences I think.
I really enjoyed it and I don't feel I will let myself down in the test. If I pass I will brag to you all and if not I'll keep quiet:rolleyes: :rolleyes: fingers crossed.

Bye Aileen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m sure you`ll pass Aileen. Glad you enjoyed it.

A change of scene and a bit of stimulation, sounds great.

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Hi Grommit,,
Granny G's right. YTT is a course organised by the Alzheimer's Society and is used as part of the NVQ course for carer's. I suppose we were being nosy by joining in but we were invited to.
It is very informative and interesting . There are details on the web if you put in Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Nada only thing is as a stay at home career on a low income that would love, like to go on that course, how do I going about finding out where they is one running that I can go on , or does it not happen like that.

as I would like to get an NVQ course for carer's.

PS Or would I have to work in that area or do outside voluntary work to go on the course

I did ask for the Application form at my local AZ day centre for voluntary work last year , but then thought I would go back to my old job , that never work out , because I had to move, so now I am settle , I am wondering what to do work wise in the future for my CV , so voluntary work sounds good to me, that could be Combined with a NVQ course for carer's

Last edited: