1. mocha

mocha Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    Lancs, England
    Hi everybody,
    Just had to go back 5 pages to find my original posting about the YTT course.
    I finished it yesterday and it was very, very interesting. Two 8hr days with very short breaks and a lot of intensive facts. I was with my friend who's husband is with Ron and the other 8 were all young carer's from the home.
    There was a lot of question and answer sessions with slide show and a video. It was good for us to hear their side and for them to hear our experiences I think.
    I really enjoyed it and I don't feel I will let myself down in the test. If I pass I will brag to you all and if not I'll keep quiet:rolleyes: :rolleyes: fingers crossed.

Bye Aileen

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I`m sure you`ll pass Aileen. Glad you enjoyed it.

A change of scene and a bit of stimulation, sounds great.

3. Grommit

Grommit Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    Doncaster
    Just being nosey really. What's a YTT course please?

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    As I understand it Grommit, it means Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

5. mocha

mocha Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    Lancs, England
    Hi Grommit,,
    Granny G's right. YTT is a course organised by the Alzheimer's Society and is used as part of the NVQ course for carer's. I suppose we were being nosy by joining in but we were invited to.
    It is very informative and interesting . There are details on the web if you put in Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.

6. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    #6 Margarita, Apr 19, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
    Nada only thing is as a stay at home career on a low income that would love, like to go on that course, how do I going about finding out where they is one running that I can go on , or does it not happen like that.

as I would like to get an NVQ course for carer's.

PS Or would I have to work in that area or do outside voluntary work to go on the course

I did ask for the Application form at my local AZ day centre for voluntary work last year , but then thought I would go back to my old job , that never work out , because I had to move, so now I am settle , I am wondering what to do work wise in the future for my CV , so voluntary work sounds good to me, that could be Combined with a NVQ course for carer's