Younger lady with demetia

mizzs

Sep 16, 2013
Hi, new here on this forum, i would like to ask if anybody knows where i could take the lady i look after who is 59yrs old to an activity of dancing, we go to Ativities and the Singing ones in Miltn Keynes area, but as yet have no heard of a dancing group, many thanks for your help..

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello Mizzs, a warm welcome to Talking Point, so pleased your lady is having fun and you are thinking of new things to help, please see below information for the AS at Milton Keynes, they may have the information you need:) please do keep posting as much support and understanding is here day or night.
Take care and I hope you get the information you need.
Best wishes
Chris

Milton Keynes Local Service Office
Suite 433A, 2nd Floor
Midsummer House 417 Midsummer Boulevard
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire

MK9 3BN
Tel: 01908 232 612
Email: miltonkeynes@alzheimers.org.uk

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Does it have to be for dementia sufferers?

What sort of dance classes are you looking for? What about keep fit type classes- would she be able to participate in an ordinary 'Joe public' class? If so, do it!

I'd have thought most dementia sufferers would struggle with dancing and doubt you'll find any dedicated dance sessions for dementia suffers, especially locally

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Hiya,

Unfortunately you don't say what type of dancing the lady might like, but I found these groups which look like fun...http://mku3a.org/interest-groups/dancing-groups/. Plus, you can contact them in advance and explain the situation if you feel that is necessary. I liked the line dance one where they say no one remembers the dances ... But where there seems to be a good social side to it too so even take the lady for a cup of tea and let her watch for starters.

Fiona

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC