Young/early onset dementia research project- looking for participants!

kywsiu

Jun 17, 2015
Hi everyone.

We are carrying out a research project to find out more about how people with young onset dementia tell others about their diagnosis, how they decide on telling others, and what relationships are like after the diagnosis is shared with others.

We hope that by researching, thinking and documenting these experiences, this will help raise people's awareness- that dementia can affect people's lives in different ways, especially when it happens at an earlier stage of life. We will also be using the findings of this project to develop recommendations for services, so that better support can be made available for people with young onset dementia.

We are looking for people who
1) have received a diagnosis of young onset dementia (diagnosis before 65 years old), and
2) do not currently have a severe and ongoing mental health condition, such as psychosis or major depressive disorder.

If you decide to participate, you will be asked to complete an interview with myself. I will be asking questions about your experiences on receiving a diagnosis and telling others about it.

Your participation is entirely voluntary. If you agree to take part and later wish to withdraw, you may do so at any time without giving a reason. All information obtained will be treated as strictly confidential and kept securely

The project has been approved by the National Research Ethics Service.

If you are interested in participating, or in finding out more about the project, please PM me here on the forum, or email me on y.w.siu66 at canterbury.ac.uk

leicester61

Aug 26, 2012
Leicestershire
Hi everyone.

We are carrying out a research project to find out more about how people with young onset dementia tell others about their diagnosis, how they decide on telling others, and what relationships are like after the diagnosis is shared with others.

We hope that by researching, thinking and documenting these experiences, this will help raise people's awareness- that dementia can affect people's lives in different ways, especially when it happens at an earlier stage of life. We will also be using the findings of this project to develop recommendations for services, so that better support can be made available for people with young onset dementia.

We are looking for people who
1) have received a diagnosis of young onset dementia (diagnosis before 65 years old), and
2) do not currently have a severe and ongoing mental health condition, such as psychosis or major depressive disorder.

If you decide to participate, you will be asked to complete an interview with myself. I will be asking questions about your experiences on receiving a diagnosis and telling others about it.

Your participation is entirely voluntary. If you agree to take part and later wish to withdraw, you may do so at any time without giving a reason. All information obtained will be treated as strictly confidential and kept securely

The project has been approved by the National Research Ethics Service.

If you are interested in participating, or in finding out more about the project, please PM me here on the forum, or email me on y.w.siu66 at canterbury.ac.uk
Hi I have sent you an email in reply to your request