young at heart

happyray

Apr 2, 2007
bridgend
i cant find any site with people the same age as me with alzimers , but i dont mind who i am talking to as long as they understand what i am going through , i only have it mindly but still things get a bit tricky at most times , i stil drive a car i was told that i have alzimers 2 years ago but have suffering for the past 4 years. i am on arecept which is a great help to me. but last friday i started on the new trial drugs i feal a lot different in just a couple of days. i dont want to give people false hope but i will keep in touch with all about my experiances while taking this drug .:D

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Ray

I'm glad you feel so much better since you started Aricept. My husband is on Reminyl, and he improved straight away too, though it doesn't work for everyone.

KenC is also diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and he posts quite often. Perhaps you would like to look up his posts -- they might give you some ideas.

Love,

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hello Ray,

Welcome to Talking Point you will find that here you among friends, whether carers, or people with the illness. I was very nervous when I came here at first, because I was not sure whether the medication would work or not, but it did and through the people on Talking Point I have never looked back because its like an extension to our families.
These drugs have different effects on different people but with a bit of luck you will be fine. Try to be positive and if you can mix with others in the same position it also helps.
There are many groups around the UK for people like us and these are a godsend. I was diagnosed in 2003 and to be honest I thought my world was coming to an end, till I joined the Society and what a shock I got. I can honestly say that I have never looked back, but then I have never had the chance to.
There is also the Alzheimers Forum as Colin mentioned above.

Welcome on board your with the best friends you will find anywhere.

Best Wishes

Ken

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Fargher