you know me! ... do i?!?

x-lauren-x

Mar 6, 2007
hiya,
Today was one of those days where you had to quietly chuckle. My mum and I went to visit my uncle just to find he is now getting married to another resident!!:eek: His new partner takes him long walks around the home, saying they are going on day trips or for lunch- my uncle became so tired from this he ended up asking to go for a sleep, telling the lady he loved her very much but just needed to go to bed for a bit! They both talk about going into town, out for dinner or even to devon together and although we know this is not true its so good to see them happy!:D My uncle is still a little depressed and the staff have tried to split them for an hour or so to make sure they are not too worn out from all the walking up and down. But then my uncle became slightly confused and forgot the lady's name, she tried to explain he used to work for her dad(he didnt) and then linked us all into the picture- me and my mum have now also been adopted! But its so lovely to see them taking care of eachother and beleiveing they have been out, even if they havent they make eachother happy and that makes us smile :D
hope you are all ok
lots of love
lauren xxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a lovely story Lauren.:)

When I think of the despair in your first posts when you were so worried and upset about your uncle. Now you have funny little anecdotes to report.

What a difference.

I`m so pleased your uncle is happy where he is. He is certainly happier than when he was living at home, by himself .

Love xx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Don't buy a hat

Dear Lauren,

I have seen the same situation in Peter's Nursing Home. At one time it was Peter, another gentleman and two ladies and they went around as a foursome.

As long as they are happy in their world for a while, it is nice to see them happy.

Do hope you are all o.k.
Love from
Christine

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
That's absolutely lovely, Lauren ....

I trust you will be chief bridesmaid? :D How wonderful to find some happiness and 'quiet chuckles' along the way ....... :)

Well done, you!

Love, Karen, x