You know it will come, but nevertheless it is a shock

uselessdaughter

Jun 8, 2009
West Country
Sincere condolences

Dear Bruce

So very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you can take some comfort from knowing that your Jan is no longer suffering. Take care of yourself.

Linda

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news Bruce.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Love Geum xxxx

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Dear Bruce,
Having been away from TP for a while I've only just learnt of Jan's passing. I hope that memories of all the happy times you had together will eventually replace the pain of your loss.

I'll be with you in spirit at 1.15 on 2nd September.

Sending my sympathy & a big hug at this sad time.

Mo
xx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I've tried to help Jan so much over the years and I want to carry that on to the very end.

I am putting together the Order of Service for her funeral.

Here are the front and back pages of the booklet. Naturally there are quite a few photographs inside too.

jan1.jpg

jan2.jpg

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
What a beautiful lady Jan was and how lucky to have you and vice versa.

The words are very moving and I will be thinking of you now and on the day of the funeral.

Take care

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Bruce,

You seem to have the ability to find photo that make very powerful statements and what a glorious picture you have chosen Bruce. A picture that contains so much!!

You have put together something that is special because Jan was special, you are special and your love is special.

Love

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Bruce,
A beautiful photo of Jan and a thoughtful tribute to all who have helped you both.
There is such comfort in doing this task well, as I'm sure you know.
God Bless you, and thank you for sharing this,
sleepless.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
The combination of the photograph and the beautifully sincere words you have written are a fitting and very lovely tribute to Jan. Will be thinking of you on the day. xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
A beautiful photo of Jan, and beautiful words. Thank you for sharing. You shall both be in my thoughts on the day.

Loo xx

katieberesford

May 5, 2005
south wales
Oh Bruce just heard your sad news, I am so sorry. I am sending you my love at this very sad time. Jan can rest in peace now and you can take a very deep breath and know you did your very best for her. Love Katie x

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Dear Bruce..I am so sorry I have only just heard your sad news. That is such a beautiful photo of Jan and the words were wonderful and so expressive, your love for one another shines through.. Bless you Bruce, we will all be thinking of you.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Bruce thank you for sharing that beautiful photo of Jam and words written from the heart, shall be thinking of you Thurs I am sure you will make Jans funeral as special as she was. my love to all your family Pam

merlin

Aug 2, 2006
Surrey
Dear Bruce

So very sorry to hear of your loss, my heart goes out to you. I cannot even begin to think how you must feel after so long.

Take your time to recover we are all still here

Regards

Nerlin

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Bless you Bruce
The order of service is beautiful
What a lovely photo of Jan guess you took it
as you reflect on your lives together may you find Gods love filling the empty places and giving you courage for a new tomorrow
I will be praying and thinking of you esp on the 2nd as you celebrate with thanksgiving Jans life and all that she has been to you. a difficult journey in the latter years but obviously one filled with love
Loads of support
Sarah

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has posted here.

Things are happening as we arrange next Thursday.

Jan has been moved from Basingstoke to Byfleet now, and I will see her in the Chapel of Rest on Thursday.

I had a wonderful meeting with the minister who will be conducting the service, and we have agreed the format, hymns etc.

We agreed we didn't want canned music as Jan was such a great musician, so we have arranged an organist.

I am going to help carry Jan into the service, along with others of my new family.

I will read the Tribute, if I can manage it.

My step-daughter will read a lovely poem just before committal, "What is Dying?" see http://www.lighthouse12.freeserve.co.uk/shelter/bish_brent.htm

Afterwards, four step-grand-children want to release balloons with pictures attached so Jan will have something to look at. The 4-year old suggested this, and it seemed a mighty fine idea to me.

Thanks again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba