You have won £10,000

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
Yes you have won £10,000,to claim this prize all you have to do is send us an Order!
These people really annoy me,it seems that they prey on gullible people such as AD suffereres,who actually believe they have won a substantial cheque that will be delivered with their order.my home is full of biotonic health supplements,the only cheque we ever recieved was for a £1 of of our next order.and that is just one company out of at leasr 6 that do the same thing1
anna believes them and is now accusing me of withholding cheques worth several thousand pounds.
I is all a scam,they seem to exchange addresses between several companies,takes me all morning to sort through the mail.
Is there no way to stop this?

ElaineMaul

Jan 29, 2005
Hi,
Yes, a huge nuisance.
It was my late father-in-laws insistance that these 'prizes' were real that made us realise he was becoming unwell. My mum-in-law suddenly realised that loads of things were coming in the post, primarily from The Readers Digest I have to say, because of him sending off the 'winning form' ..... that also included ordering a book or something or other.
Although it takes a little while to work through the system, you can write to the Mailing Preference Service and they'll take you off all mailing lists (although I don't think it will stop any coming from abroad).

In fact ....... go to:

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

and you can do it on-line by the look of it.

Hope this nonsense mail stops soon for you.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Yes, I agree. You can also use the TPS [to stop phone call scams from the UK] preference service on the same site.

This service works, but not for some of the phone scams - holidays or cruises in Florida - that emanate from outside the UK.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hi All,

I received a WONDERFUL email today. Apparently I've won $1 million US dollars in the DeLotto Dutch Lottery. All I have to do is reply with my bank account details by 20 July and they will transfer my winnings to me immediately. I'm thrilled to bits, since it will pay for all my parent's NH fees from here to eternity.

I've spent the last hour having a wonderful fantasy of spending all this dosh. Mind you, it's really amazing to have won all this money in a lottery that I didn't enter and have never heard of before.....

What are the odds on that I wonder?

Jude

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
just send a reply asking for the money to be sent in cash in a brown bag... :)

worrying that these attempts to scam people into giving their bank account details are increasing ...... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa