you have to lose yourself to find yourself again?

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
someone said this to me recently.

I feel I have lost myself. Im early thirties and my mother has been my focus since my mid twenties. I have missed out on alot of experiences, years I will never get back. I have neglected myself and my health and it shows in my looks.

But I've also come to realise that I am not the horrible looking, nothing to offer person I always thought I was, I am caring, I have done a lot for my family. I have come to realise I am really good and really enjoy gardening which I would never have done had it not been for this caring role.I am quite creative out there

Ive a long way to go to reclaiming my life and finding out who I am now and recovering from this experience but I guess there is some truth to it. I have found out things about myself that I didnt realise.

the journey continues, my mother keeps going, I keep going somehow.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Many adult children give up their lives when their parents become infirm @totallyconfused. It`s so sad to read you feel you have lost yourself but lovely to know you have found a hobby/pastime in gardening which gives you pleasure.
I am caring, I have done a lot for my family.
I hope your family appreciate you and in return help you get your life back when the time is right.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Many adult children give up their lives when their parents become infirm @totallyconfused. It`s so sad to read you feel you have lost yourself but lovely to know you have found a hobby/pastime in gardening which gives you pleasure.
I am caring, I have done a lot for my family.
I hope your family appreciate you and in return help you get your life back when the time is right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976