You have to laugh........................

SWMBO1950

Nov 17, 2011
Essex
............I asked my mum when I was going to get her shopping if she would like me to get some jam to have somedays on her morning toast (she has cereal too - hearty appetite). She said yes she would.

I bought what I think is a good one local Essex make and left a note accordingly for the carers.

This mornings carer asked if she would like jam on her toast and 'I don't like jam' was the reply and a note left for me explaining :confused:

I went through it with Mum again and she said yes she would like jam then I told her what she had told the carer and she sort of smirked and shrugged her shoulders :eek:

Can you believe that?? I have explained - again - to the carer which I know will make her laugh to just put it on her toast say every 3 days or so for a change.

Good job it is nothing important - could get me in all sorts of trouble :D

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hiya....methinks your mum is having a laugh with the carer:) this really made me smile as our old mums can be sooooo cheeky at times:D
Have a good weekend SWMBO
sending a jammy hug
Chris x

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
Aw, so true you have to laugh sometimes. My dad can also be very fickle and changes his mind within seconds about things. He sometimes belllows ‘No’ when you ask if he’s hungry, then the next moment opens his mouth in expectation of food! Your post has actually just tempted me to go off and make some toast and jam for myself right now, hope your mum enjoys hers tomorrow!

Starvin

Jan 8, 2013
N.Wales
You have got to laugh or you would cry :) I topped the sceen wash up in the car as the wife said she must be getting low.....checked and only topped an inch. Couple of days later checked again .....only an inch but we've used loads ? Didn't understand ? Then as I closed the bonnet .. Looked again ! Been topping up the radiator not the washer :D
Got bubbles coming from radiator cap now .. Ha h a :)

at wits end

Nov 9, 2012
East Anglia
My gran has always been a 'no' sort of person.

One day one of the carers at her home took me aside and said she wanted to let me know that Nanna often says she doesnt want anything to eat but they 'ignore it'.

So now what they do is the carer dishing up asks Nanna if she wants tea, if she says no then they leave it a few minutes and one of the others 'who doesnt know' pops it in front of her. She's gained 4 lbs!

Jess26

Jan 5, 2011
Kent
:) :) I always visit mum Friday mornings (other times too) On Fridays the CH serves fish n chips for lunch. The usual conversation goes :

Mum: I wonder what's for lunch
Me: It's Friday mum you'll have fish n chips
Mum: (Eyes lighting up) mmmm that sounds good

10mins later:

Mum: I wonder what's..........
Me: It's Friday mum.......................
Mum: ( screwing her nose up and shaking her head) Yuck!

We go through this cycle about 4 times each visit :D:D