you have to laugh sometimes

gerrie ley

Apr 10, 2006
bradford yorkshire
My wife Mollie who is almost four years into alzheimers and has been on aricept from her first diagnosis.She has got quite demanding and puts me under a lot of pressure every day. I have always tried to get her to do the things we have done for many years we have been married for 53 wonderfull years and it hurts me to see and put up with her condition.But yesterday we went as usual for our weekly outing for a pub meal its been the same pub for years and of course the locals know Mollie and her condition. Now yesterday after we had had our meal Mollie took out her false teeth and put them in her glass of bitter lemon and stired them up.She then fished them out put them back in her mouth and drank the bitter lemon.You ought to have seen the locals faces they wouldnt laugh out loud they respect her too much but they were bursting.I thought I would share this happy moment with you all

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi gerrie ley

Thank you so much for the giggle. Appreciate your sense of humour!

Long may your pub meals continue, I'm sure the locals appreciate you too.

Love

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Hi Gerrie ley,

what a wonderful picture that conjured up, thanks, .:D

My mum goes into a care home this week , and to try and put a positive slant on whats been a difficult three years, weve been remembering all those sorts of little moments that either make you smile or have a great belly laugh.
Hopefully that will be one of your fond moments,
Lots of love
Ally xx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Priceless, Gerrie Ley!:D

I trust you're taking out the patent on Bitter Lemon flavoured toothpaste!

Well done, Mollie, the locals and you!!!!!:)

Love, Karen, x

RussellC

Jul 6, 2006
Another funny story

When my Dad was in hospital he had a fall.

A nurse and I got Dad into bed and the nurse wanted him to open his eyes to check he was OK. Full of concern I said to Dad "What do I look like?" He opened his eyes and said "Ugly." All three of us laughed.

Russell

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Got to laugh

:D
My husband has partial dentures which include his 4 upper front teeth. Since he went into the NH he got into the habit of taking them out and losing them. Now although they sit in a dish in his bathroom I've given it up and leave him without, he seems to eat OK.
The thing is if he smiles or I kiss him he looks just like Christopher Lee in Dracula.

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi gerrie lee
thanks for bringing back memories of taking mum out for our regular pub meals!!! It really brought a smile to my face!!
Mum didn't actually go that far with her teeth but she often used to take them out in the pub to clean them........I was fine with that but when my kids came along they were horrified!!!
The mystery of mums lost teeth has died with her I'm afraid!!!
We never did find them after she "put them somewhere safe":)
Love Wendy xx