You have to laugh....or you would cry.

Discussion in 'Middle - later stages of dementia' started by patsy56, May 16, 2015.

1. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    Sorry couldn't find a suitable title, but had call from sis who is visiting mum...
    Where are the knickers?
    Have you tried washing machine, (not that she turns on)?
    Yes
    Bedroom wardrobes?
    yes
    all drawers (even the money drawer)
    yes
    airing cupboard
    yes.
    No idea then, sorry

we think she is either throwing out because dirty, and doesn't want people to know she has either dirtied or she does not want people touching her underwear.

well cutting long story short, ran to Tesco's and bought full pants, will post to be. But here's the funny bit, thought back to when she made me wear navy blue full pants...which they had been navy blue.

2. balloo

balloo Registered User

Sep 21, 2013
    northamptonshire
    my MIL has been putting hers in her tshirt drawer after they been worn but today found a pair in her paper bin . Not sure why but she was also putting dirty toilet paper in the bowl that is in bathroom incase she needs one when being sick. Dementia is very odd thing

3. sistermillicent

sistermillicent Registered User

Jan 30, 2009
    knickers brought out of handbag while we were having coffee in waitrose. Believe it or not I was pleased as at least we had located one pair.

4. TDA

TDA Registered User

Mar 3, 2015
    very similar here! My mum always has knickers (clean) in her bag, usually a bra as well!!

5. di65

di65 Registered User

Feb 28, 2013
    new zealand
    Don't worry about your giggling Patsy - I have discovered that humour is the saviour of carers :)

6. WIFE

WIFE Registered User

May 23, 2014
    WEST SUSSEX
    At least your Mum didn't put the dirty ones back in the drawer under the clean ones like my husband. I didn't realise what he was doing for a while until it dawned on me that I never had dirty underpants to wash. Leaving the rest to your imagination. WIFE

7. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Mum went out yesterday and opened her bag at the cafe. She had in it 3 pair of clean knickers, umpteen tissues (carefully folded) and a flannel.

8. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    you are joking? I have to ask were they clean?

9. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    must ask her about the handbag then

10. 100 miles

100 miles Registered User

Apr 16, 2015
    Ummm. You could try looking in her bed. I'm afraid that is where I find my mum's pants.

11. sistermillicent

sistermillicent Registered User

Jan 30, 2009
    They were okay Patsy, a bit grey but ok.

12. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    I'm going down Sat will check

13. AitchM

AitchM Registered User

Mar 29, 2015
    Female
    Yorkshire
    Keep smiling at all their funny little ways, I keep a diary of them (both my parents have dementia) and when it all gets me down I read it to de stress. Might write a sitcom in later life

14. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    can see us all at home going, and saying "Been there, seen that, got the t-shirt and even written the book..."