You couldn't make it up!

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Jinx this is a worry. I hope the Dr has been and B is still at home.
What is it about the season change that precipitates all these illnesses.
I hope things are under control

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to hear this Jinx. UTIs are awful things. I hope B gets ABs soon and they kick in quickly.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hope things are getting sorted Jinx - what an awful time you're having. Big hugs to you both.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
We spent the whole day in the Emergency Assessment Unit as the doctor decided hospital was the best option. Bernard unable to pass urine, hadn't been since 5.00am and at 4.30 pm they decided to try and catheterise him, nurse failed so called a medical colleague who also failed, B pulled the catheter straight out. My SIL who stayed with us all day made me leave at 5.30 as I had been up since 2.30 am. Very difficult as I wanted to stay but not fair on him as he had driven us to the hospital. Anyway I was dropping by that time. I've tried to ring for an update but no answer, I'll have to see how things are in the morning as I can't keep my eyes open much longer! Thank you all for your messages of support, really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Hoping things are sorted jinx. Worrying times for you. Get some rest, you can deal with it tonorrow

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
What a horrible day for you and your poor husband Jinx. I hope you are fast asleep now and will find your husband getting better tomorrow. Sending you big hugs.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Oh Jinx, my lovely, what an awful day for both of you. Let's hope that Bernard can be properly treated, and that he makes a full recovery. So hard on you. :( xxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Thinking of you. Hope you had enough sleep to take up the reins again and your husband has been sorted out

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Adding my hopes that your husband is better today and you got some sleep Jinx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Everything's gone quiet jinx. Hope husband has been sorted and you have been able to rest a bit

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Bernard managed to fall in the early hours of this morning, I wasn't advised and only found out because when I phoned they said he was being taken for a CT scan so alarm bells rang. Fortunately no ill effects from the fall. They still haven't pinpointed the source of the infection. Tomorrow they're doing some sort of heart test and should have results of yet more blood tests. He's terribly confused, keeps saying there are puppies on the bed opposite! His notes say he needs one to one attention but they are very short-staffed at the moment. x

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Bernard managed to fall in the early hours of this morning, I wasn't advised and only found out because when I phoned they said he was being taken for a CT scan so alarm bells rang. Fortunately no ill effects from the fall. They still haven't pinpointed the source of the infection. Tomorrow they're doing some sort of heart test and should have results of yet more blood tests. He's terribly confused, keeps saying there are puppies on the bed opposite! His notes say he needs one to one attention but they are very short-staffed at the moment. x

It's a relief to hear from you. :) Oh dear, he needs one to one care, and they're short staffed - were have we heard this all before? I do hope you get better news after the tests xxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Thinking about you Jinx, such a horribly worrying time. Hope the tests show something easily treatable. It must be so hard but I hope you can look after yourself.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso