You couldn't make it up!

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Sorry can't seem to delete the second post, don't know why there are two!!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Sorry can't seem to delete the second post, don't know why there are two!!

One each?

Seriously, very nice work. May I suggest leaving the tubs etc until you see how hubby gets around on it when railings are in place? You may find it better to keep it free of obstacles for him.
It looks really good.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Yes good idea, at the moment I'm using them so he can see the edge of the ramp down to the lower part of the garden and hopefully won't fall off the end.

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
New patio finished, still waiting for railings as unsafe for OH to be out there on his own, also need to work out some sort of secure , remote entry system for the gate, but I'm so pleased with it, no more slippery decking when it rains. Needs lots of plants to soften it a bit.View attachment 47973

Looks beautiful Jinx, He should really like being out there in the nice weather. M

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Horrible day today. First just as the bus arrived to pick OH up for day care he had an attack of the runs which he couldn't control, so had to send the bus away and get him cleaned and changed.

Later took the dog for just a short walk and she suddenly collapsed, legs just gave way, she tried to get up and same thing happened, so took her to the vet and seems her heart is getting worse and not enough oxygen getting to her brain so she momentarily blacks out. Now on heart pills at some expense.

I thought I had arranged for my Tuesday evening carer to come at 6.15 instead of 7.15 so I could go to an art demonstration, but seems the agency got the wrong end of the stick and added an hour on at the other end of the evening so I couldn't go. Then spent 1.5 hours wandering round a local supermarket and spending far more than I intended. Did stock up on gin though!

When I got home OH was still up convinced he had to go dancing. Got very shirty when I persuaded him into his PJs did go to bed but up again within half an hour shoes on wanting to know when the dancing was starting. Back in bed now and all quiet.

The icing on the cake? I'm coming down with a cold, sore throat etc.

Sorry for the moan, hope everyone else has had better day.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Sorry about your bad day.

I had an elderly jack russel that used to black out when he exerted himself, he was given heart pills and lived happily until the age of eighteen, the black outs never seemed to bother him, he used to get up and carry on as if nothing had happened.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Horrible day today. First just as the bus arrived to pick OH up for day care he had an attack of the runs which he couldn't control, so had to send the bus away and get him cleaned and changed.

Later took the dog for just a short walk and she suddenly collapsed, legs just gave way, she tried to get up and same thing happened, so took her to the vet and seems her heart is getting worse and not enough oxygen getting to her brain so she momentarily blacks out. Now on heart pills at some expense.

I thought I had arranged for my Tuesday evening carer to come at 6.15 instead of 7.15 so I could go to an art demonstration, but seems the agency got the wrong end of the stick and added an hour on at the other end of the evening so I couldn't go. Then spent 1.5 hours wandering round a local supermarket and spending far more than I intended. Did stock up on gin though!

When I got home OH was still up convinced he had to go dancing. Got very shirty when I persuaded him into his PJs did go to bed but up again within half an hour shoes on wanting to know when the dancing was starting. Back in bed now and all quiet.

The icing on the cake? I'm coming down with a cold, sore throat etc.

Sorry for the moan, hope everyone else has had better day.

Sweetie, your post reminded me so much of the life I had with John. It seems when the going gets tough, it just gets worse. :( I could imagine your absolute disappointment too, looking forward so much to getting out for a break, arranging care etc, and then it all goes pear shaped. You moan away, and I hope today is better. xxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Today was a bit better, apart from nose like a dripping tap. OH was taken out by a carer who, just an hour before she arrived, had had her tongue pierced and was barely able to talk but they seemed to get on OK.. I cannot imagine a single reason why anyone would want to have that done, but perhaps I'm missing something!! Hubby was all set to watch his favourite team, Spurs, play, but suddenly decided he had to go to bed so retired at 7.45. Peaceful evening seeking out baby photos of my big brother who will be 70 next month. Found photo of my two brothers and me when I was about four I guess, thought I'd share it with you ImageUploadedByTalking Point1443042506.528943.jpg

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Lovely photo Jinx, I think I had a dress like that.

What a hideous day yesterday - well done for surviving it:eek:

My dog was on those heart tablets as well as other ones to try and help his wobbly legs. They are expensive, but you can get them about half price online. You have to pay your vet for a prescription so it's worth getting a prescription for as long a period as possible. You don't have to buy the whole lot at once, the company will keep the prescription on file and you can buy them as you want.

Your patio looks great. They've done a really good job.

Hope you feel better soon.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Lovely photo Jinx, I think I had a dress like that.

What a hideous day yesterday - well done for surviving it:eek:

My dog was on those heart tablets as well as other ones to try and help his wobbly legs. They are expensive, but you can get them about half price online. You have to pay your vet for a prescription so it's worth getting a prescription for as long a period as possible. You don't have to buy the whole lot at once, the company will keep the prescription on file and you can buy them as you want.

Your patio looks great. They've done a really good job.

Hope you feel better soon.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for the tip about getting the pills on line, Es. The consultation and tablets was £59.00. The dog has stopped coughing, after three doses. The vet says it takes a month for the drugs to improve the heart's condition.

I don't remember that dress but looking back at old photos of us when we were little with my Mum and Dad made me quite emotional. They married just at the end of the war, my Mum was 39 when she gave birth to my eldest brother, I was a bit of an afterthought/surprise arriving when she was 45. No IVF in those days! Dad was 3 years younger.

Anyway lovely morning here, and sounds like the weekend's going to be fine. ImageUploadedByTalking Point1443076488.295137.jpg

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Beautiful sunset Jinx. Glad your pup seems a bit better, hope you're recovering from your cold, there
seems to be so much of it around.

You never stop missing your mum and dad do you.

Yay, sunny weekend, you can use your patio:):):)

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
I hate being reliant on carers! Today I was due to go to a meeting in Birmingham, which was important for the company and I wanted to go. I emailed the agency on 21st August to arrange care from 7.00am till 5.00pm and had an email back saying yes they could do that.

Due to catch a train at 07.39 and so up at 6.15, suited and booted ready for the off. 07.10am no carer, rang the call centre, no there's nothing on the rota for you......

Big apologies to the people I was due to meet, fortunately a colleague was also going so she fielded the meeting. Good job I have understanding employers but wonder how long I can carry on like this, it's so stressful.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Jinx that is dreadful ! To arrange things in advance is hard enough but to than be let down is atrocious. Hugs to you xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I hate being reliant on carers! Today I was due to go to a meeting in Birmingham, which was important for the company and I wanted to go. I emailed the agency on 21st August to arrange care from 7.00am till 5.00pm and had an email back saying yes they could do that.

Due to catch a train at 07.39 and so up at 6.15, suited and booted ready for the off. 07.10am no carer, rang the call centre, no there's nothing on the rota for you......

Big apologies to the people I was due to meet, fortunately a colleague was also going so she fielded the meeting. Good job I have understanding employers but wonder how long I can carry on like this, it's so stressful.

A resounding agreement about Reliance on carers. I am so close to telling the agency to stick themselves where the sun don't shine but I know I can't manage entirely alone.
I'm sorry your day was ruined but at least I have nothing to do but sit around and wait for carers, sit there while they take pot shots at me.And then pay for the privilege as well.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Bemused, I do feel for you, you really aren't asking for a lot and you can't cope with your husband's needs without them.

I only need carers when I'm not here, at the moment. This morning my husband said 'it's OK you can go I can manage on my own'. The next minute he had taken off his PJ bottoms and was standing, all revealed, in the sitting room asking where his pants were. On the chair in your bedroom, where's the bedroom........

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
It's all relative Jinx, our problems are all big ones to some degree. They take over our lives and leave us without the resources we need.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex

This is dreadful, and I'm furious on your behalf. :mad: You gave them over five weeks notice, not five days, you get confirmation by email, and then, after all that planning, it's all for nothing.

I wish I could clone myself, several thousand times over, and instruct people in simple admin tasks. And you know what I blame it on - modern technology. In the old days, you'd write this information in a diary, and it was there in black and white.

Nowadays, somebody can put it on an online diary, and someone else can delete it. And nobody knows what has happened, and who was at fault. I am so sorry for you. xxx