You couldn't make it up!

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Poor Bernard, how frightening for him. Poor you having to worry.Hope they get to the bottom of the infection soon and treat it.
Thinking of you.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Wasn't able to speak to a doctor today so no news on results. They had put him on a sodium chloride drip today but he had managed to pull it out of the canula And had very wet PJs as a result. Still ultra confused. The only upside is the view from his ward window to the Skirrid Mountain, Abergavenny, not that he's taking any notice of it bless him. xx ImageUploadedByTalking Point1444340741.655411.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Sorry the situation is still unresolved Jinx. You must be very worried. Hope tomorrow brings better news and you get some rest tonight.
Wonderful view, we used to live near there so I know the Skirrid quite well.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Our two daughters and I have had a weekend in Barcelona planned for months. We had to postpone earlier in the year as no suitable EMI respite available. It is this weekend and, with guilt monster firmly in situ, I have decided we should go. Bernard is in the best place, I shall visit this morning before we fly and my stepdaughter will visit tomorrow, we will be back in time so I can visit on Sunday afternoon. He was due to be in respite from yesterday till next Tuesday but events overtook....

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Enjoy your break Jinx. Don't let that guilt monster through security at the airport!:)

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
So glad you've decided to go on your break Jinx. If you still have internet access while you're away I recommend regular readings of Scarlett's 'Guilt' thread, to be taken as necessary.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Well I'm here in Barcelona recovering from a hectic day of sight seeing which was wonderful. Have heard from SIL and step daughter who both visited today and Bernard is 'pleasantly confused' responding to ABs and getting bored apparently. We're just going out for paella (has to be done) and a visit to one of the gin bars!! x

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Good news from Barcelona and good news that Bernard is getting sorted.Enjoy your break , every minute of it.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Nice to get news from foreign parts - and good news too. So happy you are having a lovely time, and Bernard is calm. Glad you didn't cancel - good call:):):)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx