You couldn't make it up!

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Jinx, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Oh Jinx:( I'm so sorry my lovely.
    Hope the Dr has been by now.

2. chick1962

chick1962 Registered User

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    Jinx so sorry to hear that what a worry . Hope doctor has been by now as Cat said . Hugs xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

3. bemused1

bemused1 Registered User

Mar 4, 2012
    Jinx this is a worry. I hope the Dr has been and B is still at home.
    What is it about the season change that precipitates all these illnesses.
    I hope things are under control

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I'm sorry to hear this Jinx. UTIs are awful things. I hope B gets ABs soon and they kick in quickly.

5. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Hope things are getting sorted Jinx - what an awful time you're having. Big hugs to you both.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. Jinx

Jinx Registered User

Mar 13, 2014
    Pontypool
    We spent the whole day in the Emergency Assessment Unit as the doctor decided hospital was the best option. Bernard unable to pass urine, hadn't been since 5.00am and at 4.30 pm they decided to try and catheterise him, nurse failed so called a medical colleague who also failed, B pulled the catheter straight out. My SIL who stayed with us all day made me leave at 5.30 as I had been up since 2.30 am. Very difficult as I wanted to stay but not fair on him as he had driven us to the hospital. Anyway I was dropping by that time. I've tried to ring for an update but no answer, I'll have to see how things are in the morning as I can't keep my eyes open much longer! Thank you all for your messages of support, really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

7. bemused1

bemused1 Registered User

Mar 4, 2012
    Hoping things are sorted jinx. Worrying times for you. Get some rest, you can deal with it tonorrow

8. Slugsta

Slugsta Registered User

Oh Jinx, what a worry for you! I do hope you are able to get some rest tonight, you must have been dead on your feet :(

9. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I'm sorry to hear that Jinx. I do hope you can get some rest tonight.

10. esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    What a horrible day for you and your poor husband Jinx. I hope you are fast asleep now and will find your husband getting better tomorrow. Sending you big hugs.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Oh Jinx, my lovely, what an awful day for both of you. Let's hope that Bernard can be properly treated, and that he makes a full recovery. So hard on you. :( xxx

12. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    I hope you managed to rest & there is good news today.

13. bemused1

bemused1 Registered User

Mar 4, 2012
    Thinking of you. Hope you had enough sleep to take up the reins again and your husband has been sorted out

14. esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Adding my hopes that your husband is better today and you got some sleep Jinx.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15. bemused1

bemused1 Registered User

Mar 4, 2012
    Everything's gone quiet jinx. Hope husband has been sorted and you have been able to rest a bit

16. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Registered User

Jun 11, 2013
    #116 Sunflowers, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Today is a new day and here's hoping it's better than yesterday.

17. Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Hope to hear from you today, and that things are OK. xxx

18. Jinx

Jinx Registered User

Mar 13, 2014
    Pontypool
    Bernard managed to fall in the early hours of this morning, I wasn't advised and only found out because when I phoned they said he was being taken for a CT scan so alarm bells rang. Fortunately no ill effects from the fall. They still haven't pinpointed the source of the infection. Tomorrow they're doing some sort of heart test and should have results of yet more blood tests. He's terribly confused, keeps saying there are puppies on the bed opposite! His notes say he needs one to one attention but they are very short-staffed at the moment. x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

19. Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    It's a relief to hear from you. :) Oh dear, he needs one to one care, and they're short staffed - were have we heard this all before? I do hope you get better news after the tests xxx

20. esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Thinking about you Jinx, such a horribly worrying time. Hope the tests show something easily treatable. It must be so hard but I hope you can look after yourself.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx