Yoga

Bee.quilt

Dec 29, 2017
Morning all. Can anybody recommend a yoga dvd for absolute beginners please. I have full flexibility, am a vigorous gardener but at 82 and suffering post-lockdown lethargy I need an exercise regime. Particularly need help with balance and core strength(whatever that is). As full time carer for OH mid-stage, I am restricted to short sessions , home based. I know somebody out there will be able to advise. Thank you in anticipation. Best wishes to all members of this great forum. B .

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Beequilt, not yoga, but I found the Pilates exercises on Instructor Live good, and they do do yoga as well, though I never got on with that! There are quite a few exercise sites out there. I like HasFit and BrandFitness that you can find on Youtube good, but they are more general fitness rather than yoga.
I'm sure someone else will be along with some suggestions soon.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Bee.quilt

Have you considered Qigong? It is a branch of Tai Chi but less complicated and is excellent for balance and keeping the joint flexible.

watch

Last edited:

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Hello @Bee.quilt

Have you considered Qigong? It is a branch of Tai Chi but less complicated and is excellent for balance and keeping the joint flexible.

watch

I enjoy Tai Chi too and was about to start a new class when lockdown stopped everything in its tracks. I have tried yoga but much prefer Tai Chi.

Personally, I find all that getting up and down and time on the floor in yoga not very satisfying but that just my personal opinion.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
@Lawson58

I`m fortunate in having had Qigong classes from my teacher on zoom. It has taken me through lockdown with people I know, plus a few more from other face to face classes and really helped reduce feelings of isolation.

Bee.quilt

Dec 29, 2017
thank you for all the suggestions. I will work my way through them—mentally not physically at first! I really need to boost my fitness now OH caring increasing rapidly. Sorry to hear some of you found yoga challenging. I’ll give it a go, then try alternatives. I borrowed a tai chi video from neighbour but kept thinking “get on with it” so I might be to impatient for that. Good to have informed advice. Thank you all and…keep exercising. Bee xx