Yet ANOTHER fall, and in hospital and poorly

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
OMG Scarlett, just caught up with your latest saga, I'm so sorry that you and John have this to add to all the other worries. Huge, enormous hug. xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Just in case the Baileys hasn't kicked in yet...I'm on Loch Fyne malt liqueur....Phew....it has quite a kick, but more please:D:D.......sorry, what was I?;) Oh yes, I hope you have a good night and that John is feeling better tomorrow.
Give 'em hell Girl.x.x.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I hope the Bailey's worked and you have had some sleep Scarlett.

Where are we as a Society when people with Dementia are treated so badly. Heartbreaking for you Scarlett. I'm so sorry for you and John

Continually thinking of you

Love from

Lyn T XX

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
OMG Scarlet I have just caught up! I can't believe what you are now being asked to deal with. I am so sorry for you and John and send you my love as always. Your post reads like a nightmare. Whatever in the world is happening in the NHS that staff cannot perform a simple intervention and can refuse, actually refuse, to help with a patient. I despair! I pray for your return to the NH as soon as ever possible. Would that we could do anything practical to help you, but we shall just have to be content with sending you the strength of millions, through the ether. Take care of yourself too. So much love to you and John. Right by your side. X Shelagh:)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I'm exhausted with worry, and only hope things improve soon. John has become so violent and has been prescribed Trazodone - anyone had any experience of this? I wish we could fall asleep in each others arms and never wake up.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Scarlett I'm not sure what my OH was prescribed but when he was in hospital earlier this year he became very agitated and extremely 'assertive' verging on violent and some sort of tranquillisers were prescribed which meant he slept a lot and hadn't got much clue what was going on. I hope John doesn't have to be on them for long.

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
I am sending a great big HUG and hope life gets better v soon.
My OH on Trazadone and it reduces his anxiety and tearfulness. Also makes him sleepy.
Much love G x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Sadly it would seem that John's agitation / aggression is entirely justified by his current circumstances :mad:

I do hope things improve soon Scarlett and that you can get him back to the CH. What exactly are they seeking to achieve in the hospital?!? :eek:

Sending you ((( hugs))) and hoping you get some rest tonight :)

Lindy xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I'm exhausted with worry, and only hope things improve soon. John has become so violent and has been prescribed Trazodone - anyone had any experience of this? I wish we could fall asleep in each others arms and never wake up.

Sounds like the dear man is frightened, especially not knowing what's going on in general - never mind this latest lot. He'll need a lot of comforting asap, and so will you.

My heart goes out to you both.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Scarlett

What a mess. I hope that John gets back to the CH soon. I'm so very sorry that you are both going through this.

Love and concern sent to you

Lyn T XX

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I am so sorry Scarlett, I hope John is back at the CH soon and you can relax for a while,

I am thinking of you both xx

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Peace to you and John, Scarlet. I wish it was possible to wipe all this away. I am so very sorry. My love and a hug as always. X Shelagh:)

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I hope for a better day for you and John today Scarlett, I'm outraged just by the fact that he was hungry :mad: My dad, who didn't even have dementia was like a different person when in hospital, I can't understand why it affects so many people adversely in that way. Can it be a simple lack of understanding and attention? I do hope that he can go back to his care home as soon as possible. Take care of yourself too xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
He's back at the Care Home, but so confused, poor man. He has such a wild and scared look in his eyes, and I feel we've entered another phase. His face looks sunken, and there isn't a vestige of the Old John left.

I rage against this cruel illness constantly, and feel absolutely and utterly useless.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Do hope he settles down now that he's back in familiar surroundings. Huge hug Scarlett. x