Yet ANOTHER fall, and in hospital and poorly

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Pot? Kettle? ;););) Yes, I know what you mean Lyn, and thank you for your concern. He's been in bed all day, as he's not eating much of the pureed food either. Poor man, he bears so little resemblance to the Old John.

My Dad went into the garden to check on his roses when he was 70. He had a massive heart attack and literally dropped dead. It was a huge shock for everyone, but having experienced that, and The Long Goodbye, the first is so much better than the latter.

Ah Scarlett you are probably right-but this pot/kettle has boiled dry. John needs your energy so don't get ill.

Yes, the long goodbye is heartbreaking for everyone involved.I'm so sorry that John is so ill. I'm also sorry what you are having to go through. I wish you continued strength

Love,

Lyn T XX

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Also wishing you the strength & endurance that you need.

Even before William became ill, I used to say that I hoped he would be taken suddenly, by a massive stroke or heart attack or something - preferably while he was doing something he enjoyed. He has always been so terrified of being ill, of having to take "drugs" (or as he used to say "being drugged up against my will!"), and of nursing homes. Every time he got the slightest sniffle, he would start shouting at me about how he was NEVER to be "warehoused in a nursing home, drugged up so I'll just sit in a chair drooling!" Of course, I say before he became ill - before his dementia became obvious, but there was obviously something wrong there all along!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I tried to feed John at lunchtime, but he was reluctant to take more than a few teaspoons of pureed food. He's so thin, but I can't force food down him.

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
We're still here, holding your hand, wishing you the strength to get through your day. Love G x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thinking of you and John a this very difficult time, hope you have some peace over the festive season ♡♡♡

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
John only ate a few teaspoons of food, and my coaxing was in vain. :( He's not eating enough to keep an ant alive, but is still surprisingly strong, grabbing my arm, really hard, and pushing it away.

I asked about his weight and, as expected, it's plummeted. Hope everyone's days are as good as they can be.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Scarlett-I'm so sorry that you are going through this extra worry. I never knew where Pete's strength came from either. He had the power to hurt right up til his final day. No you can't force John to eat but you can do what you have done all along and comfort him.

I'm so sorry my lovely

Love

Lyn T XX

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Oh Scarlett. You have battled so hard for John. You must be heartbroken. Wish I could comfort you in some way but can only send you a loving hug. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Oh Scarlett. You have battled so hard for John. You must be heartbroken. Wish I could comfort you in some way but can only send you a loving hug. Verityxx

Sent from my GT-N5110

Verity, these messages are such a help, and there's Lyn, still sending them as well. I'm so grateful for TP.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Scarlett I'm so sorry to hear about your latest worry. Life doesn't seem to get easier. Sending my love xx