• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Yes!!!!!!

Lancashirelady

Oct 7, 2014
Mum has finally agreed to go to respite care while we visit our daughter in Thailand.
I can hardly express how relieved I feel. We had a week in Scotland a couple of months ago and within 2 days of us leaving she got taken to hospital afer being found wandering - and the day afer she came home she let some scumbag ino her house " to mend the bathroom" who stole her purse. She has been so resistant to going to care despite the fact that she constantly moans about how lonely she is - forgetting within minutes when you have been to see her. It's such a relief to know that she is going to be somewhere safe while I'm away - thoughI'm terrified that by tomorrow she'll have forgotten that she has agreed to go!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Fingers crossed, stick to your plan and keep reminding her that she agreed to respite.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Mum has finally agreed to go to respite care while we visit our daughter in Thailand.
I can hardly express how relieved I feel. We had a week in Scotland a couple of months ago and within 2 days of us leaving she got taken to hospital afer being found wandering - and the day afer she came home she let some scumbag ino her house " to mend the bathroom" who stole her purse. She has been so resistant to going to care despite the fact that she constantly moans about how lonely she is - forgetting within minutes when you have been to see her. It's such a relief to know that she is going to be somewhere safe while I'm away - thoughI'm terrified that by tomorrow she'll have forgotten that she has agreed to go!
So pleased for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeanT