1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Lancashirelady

Lancashirelady Registered User

Oct 7, 2014
    Mum has finally agreed to go to respite care while we visit our daughter in Thailand.
    I can hardly express how relieved I feel. We had a week in Scotland a couple of months ago and within 2 days of us leaving she got taken to hospital afer being found wandering - and the day afer she came home she let some scumbag ino her house " to mend the bathroom" who stole her purse. She has been so resistant to going to care despite the fact that she constantly moans about how lonely she is - forgetting within minutes when you have been to see her. It's such a relief to know that she is going to be somewhere safe while I'm away - thoughI'm terrified that by tomorrow she'll have forgotten that she has agreed to go!

2. Tin

Tin Registered User

May 18, 2014
    UK
    Fingers crossed, stick to your plan and keep reminding her that she agreed to respite.

3. chick1962

chick1962 Registered User

Apr 3, 2014
    Female
    near Folkestone
    So pleased for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

4. Bod

Bod Registered User

Aug 30, 2013
    Could respite, become permanent?

Bod