YES!!!! Mum had a bath!

Chook

Jun 14, 2013
Westcountry
I don't think I could post this anywhere else and have people understand.

Mum's not had a bath for weeks and was really honking. The care home had said they'd tried everything.

After what felt like an hour I finally conned her into just putting her feet in with her top still on and then quickly lowered the chair. She soon took her top off when it started getting wet, although I was quite happy for her to leave it on to be honest.

She thoroughly enjoyed it and even told her bunny that he should have a bath because it was quite nice really!

I feel like I've achieved the impossible! I gave mum a bath!!!

Phew

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I don't think I could post this anywhere else and have people understand.

Mum's not had a bath for weeks and was really honking. The care home had said they'd tried everything.

After what felt like an hour I finally conned her into just putting her feet in with her top still on and then quickly lowered the chair. She soon took her top off when it started getting wet, although I was quite happy for her to leave it on to be honest.

She thoroughly enjoyed it and even told her bunny that he should have a bath because it was quite nice really!

I feel like I've achieved the impossible! I gave mum a bath!!!

Phew
I understand, well done, you should be proud of handling it so well xx

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
Well done you! My mum was the same, I think she forgot what the word bath meant to be honest.

Watch out bunny!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Chook, you have achieved the impossible, well done. fingers crossed the care home took note on how you did it.

Maldives13

Feb 4, 2014
Very well done. Think I'm going to have a similar issue! Care home are saying Mum won't have shower. I'm going to offer my services next week to see if that will make them try a bit harder!! I think it's down to being short staffed and not having same ones give her a shower. Well done - you have given me hope x

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
Well done Chook!! And yes, we do all understand - do enjoy all those lovely feelings - happiness, relief, achievement -you've earned it! :D

Redpoppy

Jul 31, 2012
Glamorgan s.wales
I can use persuasion to get my husband to have a shower( but only twice a week) but he always looks and smells clean. However we have numerous confrontations before I can have him agree to a haircut! I tried cutting his hair myself but made such a mess of It he HAD to be taken to the barber to sort it out.

daisydi

Feb 25, 2015
Norfolk
Well done. Feels good doesn't it. My mum's care home have got my mum to shower every day now. This is a major achievement as she wouldnt shower at all a few months ago. So much nicer when there are no nasty whiffs about!

Chook

Jun 14, 2013
Westcountry
Very well done. Think I'm going to have a similar issue! Care home are saying Mum won't have shower. I'm going to offer my services next week to see if that will make them try a bit harder!! I think it's down to being short staffed and not having same ones give her a shower. Well done - you have given me hope x

Top tip, wear cool clothes :-D I was wearing a jumper and nearly melted!

It's very hard, the carers don't have time to spend patiently waiting like I did today. I think the instructions were too complicated too. Mum didn't understand get in the bath but when I said put your feet in that seemed like an easier thing to comprehend. If you imagine what getting in the bath entails, it's actually quite a complicated set of actions.

Good luck!

Chook x

Chook

Jun 14, 2013
Westcountry
Thank you all for your replies. I rewarded myself with a nice bar of choc and a glass of....... milk, ha ha!

I'm sorry for you who struggle with this too. I was nearly in tears when mum just kept refusing. It's just so frustrating and heartbreaking.

Good luck everyone x x