Xmas Recital At Dad's Old Care Home

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Just letting you know that the recital I
gave in dad's old care home went very well
after a stressful phone call to my brother when I tried to organise a Xmas get together. I will be celebrating the big day with my friends and sorting out the house as soon as I can.

MaNaAk

Last edited:

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Hi @MaNaAk, good to hear the recital went well, that's a really nice thing to do. Sorry about your family get together! Enjoy your time with your friends and raise a glass to Dad.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
So pleased the recital went well.
Families eh? :rolleyes: Youll probably enjoy Christmas with your friends more, though.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
These are things that need to be sorted but we've only just sent in the probate forms and started going one and a half weeks after dad's death. In an ideal world if invisibles realised what a great job we did they wouldn't have to worry. I have explained time and again about looking after dad's finances as well as himself and I found myself saying that if
I hadn't taken control of dad's finances we would be worse off. I actually said they wouldn't have an inheritance but I was tired and couldn't think straight.

My brother also suggested that he couldn't believe I was thinking about Xmas of course Xmases and birthdays were always left to me to sort out after mum passed away and only once did they invite to their place. Even dad said
we are never invited there for Xmas.

I enjoyed myself this morning and in my
opinion do not rely on invisibles try to carry on without them although in my case I will work with them with regard to the house and inheritance and I will always remember their birthdays. I have presents to give my youngest brother and the other will receive something in the post but I will be prepared to do something for myself afterwards.

MaNaAk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba