wow, and thanx

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
What a revelation its been reading your postings, and thank you, I realise now that Im not abnormal, selfish etc to have the terrible feelings of frustration that I have in caring for my mom who has AD. We have never had a good relationship, she was a terrible mother, my two brothers have disasociated themselves from her many years ago, and Im the one left to deal with the daily crises that we lurch through,rather resentfully.Your postings have made me laugh , and cry. but mostly feel reassured that its OK to feel the way I do.Your honesty is refreshing .

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Ally and welcome to TP. Yes, we do it all here! Glad you have come to join us, we are all travellers on the same road caring for loved ones. We try to help each other by our own experiences with this awful illness, of course everyones is a bit different, but I am sure that you will, as I did, find great comfort from sharing here. We also have factsheets, top left hand corner which you may find helpful. Please post again, love She. XX :)

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi Ally, Welcome to this amazing forum, it has been a great help to me and many others.We have all had the same feelings as you at some point and no doute will have them again but it helps to come here and bash our thoughts down knowing we wont be judged because we are all carers together.Also it is a good place to gain information on loads of topics and also to share what we have learnt through our time as carers.storm

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Dear Ally

Hello and welcome.

Yes we all sometimes feel like pushing them downstairs or shaking them until their teeth drop out but of course we don't. But it is a big help to know that others share our frustration and despair.

Reading others posts is a big help, and posting your own feelings of sadness and rage is an even bigger help, as you know everyone here understands and symphathises with what you are going through.

So keep on posting, no one will complain or think you are selfish, we all know better.

Cheers Barraf

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan