Would you like to contribute to Bristol Staff Development Day?

FKH

Feb 16, 2018
Hello,

I work for Alzheimer's Society in Bristol. On 10th May the Dementia Wellbeing Service is having a staff development day to help our staff develop their skills and confidence with supporting LGBT older adults. This will be held in the Fishponds area of Bristol.

During the day (which will be interactive) I’d like to invite a handful of older LGBT people to the day to be present. They wouldn’t have any formal role or be expected to make a contribution/stand up in front of a group, but it would be great to have them as part of the day so they could ‘chip in’ when and if they wanted to. Having representation of LGBT people on the day is vital in helping to decrease stigma so I’m keen to find some people who might like to be involved. Everyone attending would be supported by me, and we would be able to look into covering people’s travelling expenses etc if they wanted to come. I’d also be very happy to meet with anyone considering attending beforehand to talk about the day and what to expect.

Do you know anyone who might want to be involved with this? Any adult affected by dementia (with a diagnosis or a carer/close friend etc) would be great. If you are interested or would like to ask a question, please write a comment below and I'll get in touch with you.

Many thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R