Worst evening every - Violent stage....

Tired_MariaUK

May 5, 2008
England
You can read all about it on my blog.

(I took the address to my blog off due to comment abuse within my blog.)

Last edited:

jude1950

Mar 23, 2006
Lincolnshire
hi maria , From reading your Blog I see that you can access the care agencys in your area Perhaps you could arrange for your MIL to go into respite for a couple of weeks whilst you and your husband try to relax a little. Reading between the lines you seem to be taking the seven stages of Alzheimers quite literally in a text book way and you diagnosis that your MIL as at stage 6 is possibly accurate however the text book cannot tell us what life expectancy any person has there is no hard and fast rule that will give any sort of prognosis your Mil could live for a number of years yet and if you will excuse my saying so If you are thinking you will cope for a short time because she will succumb to this dreadful illness soon that is not necessarily so and you could have many more years ahesd as a carer. You need to take care of yourself and your Husband too.
love Judith

Tired_MariaUK

May 5, 2008
England
I know that everyone with AD is different and that the 7 stages are not necessarily in that order. But, she does have a very bad heart. And if she keeps working herself up into this frenzy surely her heart won't be able to keep up. I understand that AD is a long drawn out disease. But, when someone has other health problems then surely their body can't keep up with it all.

I need to be able to see a light at the end of the tunnel or I may go over the edge.

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
How awful for you! But I wonder...has the time come to consider professional care?

It really does sound as though your MIL is becoming extremely violent and is a risk to herself and others. It might well be that a short stay in hospital whilst ways to stabilise these periods of violence are sought, might be beneficial.

Reading between the lines, I have a feeling that you are hoping that the very difficult decision of placing MIL into care, possibly against her will, is something that you won't have to do. But as has been said, there are no hard and fast rules and this could go on for years, or it could just suddenly stop.

Have you sought any advice about this, from the GP, CPN, Social Services?

It really does sound as though you're not being able to cope, and you have to consider the health of yourself and husband. You can't go on like this.

Helena

May 24, 2006
Wilting Rose

YOU REALLY MUST step back from all this and see the damage its doing to your health

No matter what duty or promise you may feel you owe your Mother there comes a point where its truly impossible for any normal person to cope and a care home is truly the best and only option

In some ways she may seem frail but you would be staggered at just how strong they can be

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95