Worst daughter in the world again

andypandy

Jun 28, 2015
Mums just been attacked by a fellow resident in her care home. We are not happy with the way things have been delt with at the home - corporate bs it feels like. They have taken some steps - changed meds for other person but feel they are protectin the other party and not my mum. Feels like mums now segregated as they trying to keep her away from other person.

We have reported it to safeguarding and we have had a meeting with management at the home. Mums bruising has now come out and I feel awful that she's had to go through this. We are so unhappy we want to move her as they have said they can't guarantee her safety from this person, what sort of comment is that. If me or my sisters had the capacity at home to bring her out now we would, but hopefully we'l be able to move her this week (I'm praying for it) just feel so completely awful that this has happened. Worst daughter in the world I can't protect her all the time.

saskia

Aug 10, 2015
North Essex
Mums just been attacked by a fellow resident in her care home. We are not happy with the way things have been delt with at the home - corporate bs it feels like. They have taken some steps - changed meds for other person but feel they are protectin the other party and not my mum. Feels like mums now segregated as they trying to keep her away from other person.

We have reported it to safeguarding and we have had a meeting with management at the home. Mums bruising has now come out and I feel awful that she's had to go through this. We are so unhappy we want to move her as they have said they can't guarantee her safety from this person, what sort of comment is that. If me or my sisters had the capacity at home to bring her out now we would, but hopefully we'l be able to move her this week (I'm praying for it) just feel so completely awful that this has happened. Worst daughter in the world I can't protect her all the time.

You are most def not the worst daughter in the world! Remember as a kid when you may have got into fights or hurt yourself or as you got older, things happened that made you sob your heart out?

Your mum prob thought she was the worst mum in the world as she couldn't protect you.,., but she wasn't was she?

My mum is in v early stages, lives on her own 10 mins away & hourly I'm wondering if she's OK. If I eat a nice dinner, I almost can't enjoy it cos I know she's on her own....every weekend now I'm with my mum, cos I'm so worried about her, much to the detriment of my own family.

Can't imagine the pain of seeing your mum physically hurt, but you know you are doing all you can by talking with the care home.

Really hope it gets better x

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Andypandy; the whole point of being in care is because the person needs care! You can't do everything. How does that make you a bad daughter?

I was shocked a few weeks ago when I saw copious bruising on my husband's arms. He also had long cuts that were thankfully, healing, but they did look bad. When I asked, nobody seemed to know how it happened.

If you've got others who can help you to complain, I'd band together and complain.

Could your Mum be moved to another part of the house - another room, where the other resident can't get to her? Have they argued?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL