Worrying new development

lensgirl

Jan 14, 2020
Hi

I had a worrying call tonight from my nans neighbour. She caught my nan going out on her scooter just before 9pm because she thought it was tomorrow morning, and wanted to go to her chemist. Luckily the neighbour saw her and managed to convince her that it was still the evening (from what she said it sounds like it took a lot of convincing). I have no idea what would have happened if nan had gone there and then it was dark.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It sounds as if your nan is now at risk of harm and all I can suggest is an increase in the level of care for her.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
It may be wort checking with the local police to see if they operate a scheme to help with people who may wander.

Just click the following link to read about it

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Hi @lensgirl, I informed the Police when this started happening with Mum - they were however unaware of the protocol and how to record it! Eventually after being pushed through to a few different people I did get it recorded. However, Mum went into residential care shortly after as it became clear she needed 24 hour care and reassurance. On the positive side, it's good that your Nan's neighbours are looking out for her and keeping you in the loop - which can count for an awful lot ? All the best.

lensgirl

Jan 14, 2020
Thank you. We are hoping to move her into some sort of supported living where she is independent, but has the help if she needs it. Unfortunatly at the moment we don't think she is going to be receptive of it, but we are hoping she will see the positives

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerryann76