Worried

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Spoke to mums CPN today to try and get a repeat prescription of amisulpride which is like magic for mum, she is now calm and stable and much brighter than before on this medication. Her psychologist is due to visit on 9th November and the CPN said she would get enough amisulpride to tide mum over til his visit.

I have now been thinking as the CPN works for the psychiatrist is he planning on changing mums medication from the wonderful amisulpride to something else. He did visit before and took no notice of what I described mum doing and put her on Donezipril which made her worse and laranzopril which made her a risk of falling.

I had to get in touch with PALS to get a repeat prescription sorted last time through his office is there anything I can do as mum is really great at the moment and I dont want to take a step backwards?

Tim

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I would just be really clear with the psychiatrist that the current drug is the best for your mum and stand firm. I suppose if it fails then you may have to go the PALS route again but it might just be that the CPN is following procedure.
Can you get the CPN to back you with a brief, positive report?

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Well I have emphasized to the CPN how good mum is on this low dose of amisulpride and she said something about the psychiatrist looking at medication on his visit on the 9th if I remember correctly. The CPN has only seen mum for about 10 minutes and I suspect the only reason she visited was because I complained to PALS no one had been to see mum on this new medication, which she was prescribed in hospital by the mental health team of a different local authority. We live in one borough and our GP is located in a different LA. So we are sometimes in between LAs and they argue whose responsibility it is.

I have finally got the psychiatrist to take responsibility for mums repeat prescription and the CPN said she would sort it in a couple of days, wonder if it maybe prudent to wait and see how long a prescription they give me?

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Called CPN and she said the Dr will listen to my account and if mum is stable there shouldn't be any changes in medication.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Well done you....it is all such an uphill struggle isn't it? Have a good day x