worried

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi could someone please help me Peter is talking about things I don't know what he's on about is this normal, he has just started to do it. I am so frightened I don't know what he is going to do next one minute he seems ok then he changes, he kept saying that someone had stuck a nice in him and he had blood everywhere I told him they haven't but he said you don't know then he went on about something else. Do you think he would get nastie I try to keep him carm and up till now he's ok. Some days he is fine. Christmas xxx

mrs mcgonnagal

May 9, 2015
If things are really difficult tonight can you phone the emergency mental health team in your area? You do sound like you both need help now. You could phone 111 and ask them to advise you. Don't put either of you at risk, if you need emergency help. Best wishes x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Check out for a uti as soon as you can

Phone 111 for support.

Please keep yourself safe
if you don't feel safe

go to another room with a phone

if he "kicks off" call the police. They have the experience of how to deal with these kinds of situation

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello christmas, so sorry you are so worried and frightened, if possible could you call the out of hours doctor or an ambulance as Peter may have an infection which is making him feel and see things that are not there, above all please if possible make sure you have a safe room you can lock yourself in together with your mobile phone, as Peter may get more confused, especially as he thinks he has been attacked, infections combined with dementia can be so frightening for both of you and you are doing the right thing in keeping him calm but please put your safety first.
Chris x

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Thank you everyone Peter calmed down and is asleep you have helped me a lot because I didn't know I could phone people ,you have made me calmer I am doing my best to deal with this ,but I have a lot to learn and fined out this is the first time this has happen and I got worried he said he felt poorly but.he says that every day and I know he's ok ,,but today he' would not get dressed I will see how he is tomorrow. Thank you so much Christmas

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire