Worried

Mr Paul

Mar 12, 2018
Morning, for the first time ever . On Wednesday i was being assaulted by a man half my age & twice my size. Iam 62 , & have never been in trouble with the police. I kicked him & i am now to be charged with assault on Tuesday . Iam not looking for an excuse , but could my alzheimer's be a factor in my action . Would be very grateful for any help, as i have not slept since it happened. Many thanks Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Mr Paul, welcome to TP. I hope you find support here.

The short answer to your question is that it is possible that your condition caused what is perceived as aggression if you felt you were being attacked. It is a well known phenomenon in dementia that people will try to defend themselves from perceived attacks when others are just trying to help.

I would suggest that you need both medical and legal advice.

You can follow this link to do a post code search to see if there is a local advocacy service that will help you seek whatever rights you have in the matter https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/find-support-near-you

Last edited:

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Sorry to hear your problem. Must be an awful worry. Have you contacted the National Dementia Helpline. I can't post the link because I haven't posted 10 posts yet. Sorry. Hang In there. They are open 10-4pm Saturday - Sunday .

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
No problem. I have been a lurker on this site for a few years since mum has dementia. They come across as a good bunch.
Hope you get sorted out soon and start to sleep better.

Mr Paul

Mar 12, 2018
Sorry to hear your problem. Must be an awful worry. Have you contacted the National Dementia Helpline. I can't post the link because I haven't posted 10 posts yet. Sorry. Hang In there. They are open 10-4pm Saturday - Sunday .
Sorry for not replying sooner . Not the sharpest pencil in the class , re internet . Thank you so much for your advice & help . Really appreciate it
Regards Paul.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba