Worried my partner has dementia

Sunshinejudi

Apr 23, 2018
Hi my partner has become very confused he cant dress himself anymore n i have to shave n shower him he shakes n shufflles along n needs me by him to hold his hand. He forgets where he is n needs me to tell him the way to go when we go to the shops. He sleeps alot but gets up n out of bed all the time. He has his glasses on the table in front of him but cant find them. He cant make himself a cup of coffee anymore. He cant do much n doesnt know what day it is. I am exhasted as i am dissabled with bad feet n cant walk far n i have to do everything. Im so worried n upset. I dont know what to do. He was diagonised with pyscosis last year but now hes seeing things that arnt there too. I dont know what to do can anyone help me please

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hi my partner has become very confused he cant dress himself anymore n i have to shave n shower him he shakes n shufflles along n needs me by him to hold his hand. He forgets where he is n needs me to tell him the way to go when we go to the shops. He sleeps alot but gets up n out of bed all the time. He has his glasses on the table in front of him but cant find them. He cant make himself a cup of coffee anymore. He cant do much n doesnt know what day it is. I am exhasted as i am dissabled with bad feet n cant walk far n i have to do everything. Im so worried n upset. I dont know what to do. He was diagonised with pyscosis last year but now hes seeing things that arnt there too. I dont know what to do can anyone help me please
Welcome to the forum. You will get support here.
All of those issues are a worry and I would advise getting your partner to the GP. If you bring a note of all the issues you have observed this will help the doctor. An accurate diagnosis is an important step to getting the help required for you both.
Good luck with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfisch