Worried about my self.

Jonnypaul94

Aug 14, 2018
Hey guys my name's Jonny I'm 24 and just looking for a bit of reassurance really. Recently I have noticed that I've started to forget daily things such as where I have left my pen, forgot about conversations I've had in the day or forgot that I've done something or forgot to do something. I've also recently noticed that I've started to slur my words a little sometimes and struggled to say the correct word instead I've said something compeletley different. I've also noticed when I'm writing I'm forgetting how to spell or writing the wrong words. I'm getting concerned but do not want to go to the GP because of my age I will be fobbed off.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
And what would not going to the GP achieve? You worrying forever? If you want answers, you have to make an appointment. It could be a multitude of things, or nothing much.

Last edited:

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
If you are worried enough to post your symptons on here then I urge you to go to your GP...he won't fob you off but will take your concerns seriously and look to see if there is a cause. It may be nothing or have a simple reason but it will hopefully stop you worrying.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The fact that you have joined here says to me that you are concerned that you may have dementia.
Actually there are many things that can mimic the symptoms of dementia - underactive thyroid, vitamin deficiency, stress, side-effects of some drugs ......... lots of things. Your GP can rule most of them out with a simple blood test.

Greeeneyes

Aug 31, 2016
Dorset
Johnnypaul, doc will not fob you off. As all the members here have said, he/she will take tests to eliminate your fears. Please don't worry, there are lots of med issues that can mimic early dementia. Dear chap, best wishes from Greeeneyes

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Can understand why you are so worried @Jonnypaul94 . However, like everyone else, I would urge you to make that GP appointment. You could well have something that can be treated, and you will gain nothing by delaying.

I just wonder also, why you are thinking of dementia at your age? Do you have a relative or friend who has dementia and this has put it in your mind? Stress could be one cause of your symptoms....

Do make that appointment and keep posting here. I hope you find it helpful.

All the best

Lindy xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar