Worried about my mum

ElsieFleur

Jan 2, 2019
Hello, I’m new to the forum and wondered if I could ask a question please as I’m worried about my mum. She is 70, very fit and active, loves spending time with grandkids, is arty, dances etc, however lately she’s been doing something that is really strange and may seem so trivial, but it got me thinking/worrying.... when writing, mum keeps missing out the letter ‘a’ in words. Not words she finds complicated either... family names and today even the word ‘may’ she spelt ‘m y’, leaving a space where the ‘a’ should be. I’ve only noticed this in the last week or so. Should I be worried?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @ElsieFleur, you are welcome here.

If this is something entirely new then it may be worth checking with the GP. It’s not something I’ve seen mentioned before but someone else may have and I’m sure you’ll get other replies.

Lilyies

Jan 2, 2019
Hello, ElsieFleur , how worrying for you , it’s always worth checking things out with your GP . Does mum wear glasses ?

ElsieFleur

Jan 2, 2019
Thank you karaokePete, that’s very kind.
Lilyies, thank you for replying... yes she does wear glasses but just for ‘close work’ like reading, writing, seeing etc

Lilyies

Jan 2, 2019
I would most defiantly discuss this with my GP and I would consider talking to my optician ,

ElsieFleur

Jan 2, 2019
This is when handwriting. She isn’t pc literate unfortunately. I noticed it on 3 occasions, 2 of which were on names on gift tags at Christmas.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife