worried about my husband

kerrie36

Mar 25, 2007
Hi I am hoping someone can give me some advise .

My Husband is 38 and his nan and mom both have alzhemier's , i have started to notice that my husband is repeating hisself , he will have a conversation and repeats what he has said not always straight away ,

He also had a bad knock to the ear which left him deaf in one ear, i am beginning to worry now other members of our family have also noticed that he repeats.

However he does not forget things like places ,names ect .

I am worried this could be early signs

Thanksyou

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Kerrie

Welcome to TP.

I'm sorry your husband's mom and nan both have AD. It's a terrible disease. Do you and your husband help to care for them?

It's unlikely your husband has AD, though it is possible. He would need to have tests if there is real reason to suspect it.

However, if the only problem is that he repeats himself, I don't think that is anything to worry about. A lot of people do this, including myself at times.

It is most likely that he is under stress if he is having to care for his mom and nan. Stress can make speech sound rather confused. You'll just have give him a lot of support.

Can you post again and let us know a bit more about your circumstances? We're all here to help.

Love,

zed

Jul 25, 2005
London
You said your husband had a bad knock to the head. Was he diagnosed with a head/brain injury? Some types of brain injury can cause memory problems or problems such as repeating yourself.

Alzheimer's is usually not hereditary/genetic. It can be hereditary if there is a family history on younger onset (below the age of 65). if both his mother and her mother had dementia under the age of 65, then there is a chance it could be genetic. Otherwise it is likely it is just coincidence. For more information on genentic and dementia look at http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/Facts_about_dementia/Genetics/info_genetics.htm

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FutureMrsBrown