1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Worried about my Dad.

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by jonie, Feb 9, 2015.

1. jonie

jonie Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    My Dad is in hospital after getting pneumonia. He has now been in four weeks and deteriorated.The pneumonia as cleared but he has lost nearly two stone. Hes eating and drinking very little.Plus he has not walked for three weeks he sleeps most of the time his dementia is worse.Any advise would be mostly appreciated.

2. Dunkers58

Dunkers58 Registered User

Nov 9, 2013
    Hampshire
    Hello Jonie
    What a worrying time for you. Have you had any information from the Doctors or ward sister looking after him? If not it would be worth asking to speak to someone.
    Take care

3. jonie

jonie Registered User

Feb 9, 2015
    Worried about my Dad

Thankyou for your response. Yes we spoke to Dads consultant last monday. Was going to transfer him to a nursing home and fund it for three month. He said they could not do any more for Dad. Then because he looked abit better thursday they stopped the fast track. So we are now back to square one. But in the meantime Dad deteriorating rapidly.