1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. sghcmcrbvb

sghcmcrbvb Registered User

Feb 10, 2015
    My mum's daily memory and communication skills are getting really bad and I'm not sure what to do. I think she needs to go to the doctors but she just gets angry with me whenever I suggest it, and says the more I suggest it the more likely she is to not go. The other day she called me in to the kitchen to ask where dad had put the kettle when she had it in her hand and was filling it up. She never remembers any appointments. We started writing stuff like appointments down on a board and she forgot to look through the board. She's only 45, what could I do as I'm only 17?

2. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    What does your dad think? Have you talked to him about what you are noticing?

3. uselessdaughter

uselessdaughter Registered User

Jun 8, 2009
    West Country
    Is you Mum under any particular strain at the moment or could she be suffering from depression? That can cause similar problems.