Worried about John

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Sounds important Hazel - that she wants to spend time with you - a few days in the Spring - how lovely - I don't know if this would suit you/her - but when I used to go to see my Dad he put a very small vase or glass of garden flowers in my room, or dug up a few bulbs - so I would arrive to e.g. snowdrops from the garden....it was such a sweet touch

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Morning Hazel;
good news about your granddaughter, hopefully you'll be feeling better by next month (positive thinking :) headed your way!)

Having said that, I hope you'll be feeling better & bug-free next WEEK, next month is too long to wait when it's already been going on far too long.:rolleyes:

Love x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Lovely thought, Sue, I'll do that. I'm planning to give her the guest bedroom, it's the first time she'e come up on her own, so she's always had to have a single room before. I'll make it pretty for her, and leave lots of hanging space for the new clothes we're going to buy!

Thanks Lynne, I hope I'll have got my appointment over by then, and will have one less thing to worry about.

Love and hugs,

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Lovely news Hazel, I bet you are looking forward to it. Try not to worry too much, if you are relaxed she will be too. I would let her settle in her own time, and you will soon find the conversation will start to flow. In other words perhaps it is a good idea to let her set the pace.

You are going to enjoy getting her room ready for her, I think.

Good luck

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Hazel,
I am so pleased your granddaughter is coming, please dont walk on eggshells just be you and she will be fine as you are a loving Gran and thats what she needs, somewhere with no pressure and lots of understanding and thats you Hazelxx.

I am glad John is peaceful and he will smile for you again Hazel.

Thank the Lord the chilli pepper and nettles have settled for you, I pray they are totally gone by next week.
Lots of Love my CP&N Syndrome friend.

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Glad you're feeling better Hazel and even more delighted to hear your grand daughter is coming to visit. Enjoy!

Love

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
That's really good news about your grandaughter Hazel. I can just imagine you two shopping together :).

Hope John is feeling better and please let us know when you get news re your own appointment. Hope they will now keep you waiting too long.

Love n'hugs

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I decided to have another go at John's den this morning. John has two art portfolios, a large one and a small one, and I thought I might offer them to #2 son to donate to his school. I thought they were empty, but to my amazement the large one was full of watercolours which I had forgotten about, painted in the early stages of his illness.

Needless to say, floods of tears! They're all spread over the floor of his room at the moment, but I'm going to get some of them framed, I think they're rather good, and they're mementos of places we've visited.

I've scanned a few in to let you see.

Paintings moved to here:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?p=294296#post294296

Last edited:

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Hi Hazel

I cant see the first 2 paintings via the links but the painting of Venice and the one of the boats are really good.

John was a wonderful artist, you must be so proud.

Hope everything is okay with you both.

Love
Janet

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Hazel

What wonderfull paintings,i am not surprise you are going to keep them,John was a great painter going by these.I could not get to see the first 2 it said invalid attachment,when i click on it Marian

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Oh, thanks Marian. I tried to make them a bit smaller, and have obviosly messed it up. I'll try to sort it.:)

OK, sorted!

Last edited:

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Hi Hazel

I can see the 1st two paintings now.

I am sure if he had wanted to sell them they would have gone like hot cakes. They are so good.

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Hazel

What a wonderfull talent John had,these paintings are great,like twintone said i am sure John could have sold them,you must be so proud,hope John and you are feeling abit better today,take care Marian xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hazel, your dear John was such a talented man.

They really do need to be framed, hung and enjoyed.

Loved the Robin Hoods Bay one, I would have recognised it. (Only ever went there once, with Lionel).

Thank you for sharing - any chance of some more?

Love n'hugs

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
They are absolutely fabulous Hazel - very distinctive, own personal style.

We are not in the Tea room - do you think it is OK for them to be here?? I just wonder if you might take them off & put them in the tea room in a separate thread - you may want to do something with them one day - e.g. let Alz Soc use them as greetings cards - or bequeath to your niece.....If you want them left here - could Brucie put copyright on them - this is what you'd find on other parts of www - a faint "copyright" across them if you try to save them or print......

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Hazel,

Catching up again...

So pleased to hear your grandaughter is going to be staying with you...good for both of you, I think..:)

My Lily stayed with me last night..the first night ever we've spent alone together..:)

She's 6 now...and so good to have around...:)

It must have been very emotional for you finding John's paintings ...but they hold special memories which you can treasure. I love the one of the boats, Hazel...:)

Love xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix77