Worried about John

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm glad John and the ring are reunited, and really glad that John's improved alertness has lasted so long. I've just had a quick look back through your thread and see that it was 8th July when John had his major seizure.

Did the consultant say whether the jerks were minor seizures that were mimicking ECT (or should that be the other way round?) and keeping John alert?

Apologies if that question is too intrusive. :eek:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Not too intrusive, Sue, :) but we didn't really go into it, the meeting was about care in the community, so I couldn't hog it by talking about John.

But I eally do think the jerks are minor seizures, any time he's had a major one, it's followed from a particularly strong jerk. That's why I worry when he gets them.

Normally (up to now) he gets the jerks when he has an infection, it's often the only sign. But his urine is completely clear at the moment, so it's a bit worrying that he's getting the jerks.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Hazel, I'm sorry to read about your worries over the jerks. So sorry, nothing useful to say but hope that John is OK soon and that you can relax a bit.
Love Deborah xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
John had his ring back for a fortnight!:(

Today I noticed he wasn't wearing it, and asked the staff. Big hunt, but not to be found. Thankfully CN was on duty, and he rang the police.

John was wearing it yesterday, but whoever put him to bed took it off nd left it on top of his chest of drawers. No-one has seen it since, and the alarm on his door was set, so only the staff could get into his room undetected.

Guess who was on duty yesterday afternoon and evening? Not making any accusations of course, but CN told the police about my dispute with her, and they asked me about it.

There's one of these 'We buy your gold' stalls in the shopping mall, so they're going to try there. But these TV ads where you ring for an envelope and send your gold off are a godsend to the light-fingered. The police are not happy about them. I don't think they hold out much hope of getting the ring and chain back.

I'm devastated of course. It's not so much the value, but it's our wedding ring.:( It's been a traumatic afternoon.

CN is just hoping they can prove who did it. Would she be stupid enough to take it to the stall in town?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Would she be stupid enough to take it at all Hazel? Surely she`d realize she would be the first to whom the finger would be pointed. It might still turn up. I do hope so. xx

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Hazel
I am so sorry to hear your news it`s one thing after another.

I hope the ring turns up for you and am sending you love and hugs.

Roseann xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Hazel lots of trevs Clothes go walk about, and turn up weeks later, but his rather nice toilet bag with nice smellies has totally vanished and i was not happy but that held no sentimental value so i just let it go . love pam

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dearest Hazel, so sorry to read your post.

I am pinning my faith on that it may turn up. I can quite understand how upsetting this is for you.

Love n'hugs.

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
So sorry Hazel to hear about the ring - surely that person could not be so stupid not to realise that they would be the first person to be suspected.....I do hope you find it soon.

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, everyone.

They've turned John's room upside down and moved the furniture. There are only two residents who are mobile, and they wouldn't have been able to get in because of the door alarm. In any case, their rooms have been searched.

And no, Sue, the girl wouldn't bother that people knew it was her, she thrives on notoriety, and she'd know it couldn't be proved. Unless something can be proved against her, the only way to get rid of her is to give her a good reference, and CN won't do that, much as he'd like to get rid of her.

The only other possibility is that it wasn't put on John this morning, and someone got into his room while it was open for cleaning. If that's the case, it could be anywhere, I'll just have to keep hoping.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
HI Hazel

I know how upsetting these small things can be. You hate to think that someone would do such a thing when your relative is cared for by them.

(((((hugs))))

I hope the ring is found soon.

Love

Mameeskye

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Hi Hazel

I hope Johns wedding ring turns up safe and sound.

I would be devastated if I lost Steve's wedding ring - I wear it on my middle finger with another ring above it so it doesnt fall off.

I know how awful you must feel especially because of the sentimental value.

Hope you find it soon.

Love
Janet

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I know how awful you must feel especially because of the sentimental value.

Hope you find it soon.

Janet, thank you so much for understanding. It means so much to me, especially after so recently going through the pain of watching them sawing it off John's finger.

The CN and police are convinced it has been stolen. Security is very tight, and nothing has ever gone missing before, apart from the odd sock in the laundry.

Still a glimmer of hope, though.

Pam, you're right about the atmosphere, I have the awful feeling in my stomach that I had then. But I don't need to fear going in this time, the staff understand how upsetting this is for me, and are sympathetic.

Love,

Last edited:

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hazel, I'm very sorry to hear about the missing ring and chain. I know you said they had searched the room and moved the furniture. Did they check through the bedding too? We found missing stuff managed to lodge itself between the matreess and the side of the bed once. It makes you want to spit. I do hope they turn up soon. Commiserations and love, Deborah xx