A chain to hang it on is a good idea.
How are you ?

Barb X & Ron ZZ

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, folks.:)

Barb, I'm flat, flat, flat!:(

No real reason. My neck hurts, and that's a sign I'm stressed. And when my neck hurts, I get headaches, and cotton-wool brain!:eek:

I'm frustrated that our visit to A&E was so poor -- frustrated that after all the meetings I've been to discussing improving care for people with dementia, the care was appalling. (Yes, a complaint went in). I feel as if I've been wasting my time and energy.

And I'm worried about John ...... but that's where we came in!:(

Love,

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hello Hazel

Yes, worried about John is where you came in.
I am also worried about Ron.

We have done our best for our men.
But that does not make it any easier.
Sending love XX

Barb X

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Hazel,

I'm glad the ring is off, but sorry it had to be sawn off.

My mum had to have her ring sawn off in May when she had her emergency op in Athens, but has since had it made into a new ring using an opal earring. The earring was part of a pair that my dad bought her many years ago, and she had lost one recently.

I'm sorry you're flat. I think it's normal between the highs and the lows to have 'flat' periods. My mum too said she felt flat today - my dad is not good, and not bad (for him), just sad. :(

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Hazel...

Glad to hear the ring is off...but it must have been quite a delicate operation....:eek:

So sorry you're feeling flat...it seems to go with the territory..:(

Hope John is ok..and tomorrow is a better day for you..

love xx

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Hi Hazel, sorry John had to have his wedding ring cut off but it is better for him and putting it on a chain is a good idea.

Hoping you feel a bit better.
Here's a wee piccy to cheer you xx

Attachments

• CANGL8XHCADVJV3TCADHRCGICAUAFLCMCAEKFKDWCAN1ZD4BCAVCX6ZICA6YAGPYCAN7BQWACA6JYIKLCABBBTI8CA1ALCM5.gif
    CANGL8XHCADVJV3TCADHRCGICAUAFLCMCAEKFKDWCAN1ZD4BCAVCX6ZICA6YAGPYCAN7BQWACA6JYIKLCABBBTI8CA1ALCM5.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 318

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Oh Helen, I'm sure the adorable picture will cheer up Hazel. Who could resist those little faces? The 'lows' are so very hard to bear at times Hazel and I can only say how much I understand how you are feeling.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks for the support, everyone.:)

Helen, Those puppies are gorgeous -- a whole litter of baby Skyes! Thank you!:)

Love,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
John has his ring back, they've made a lovely job of it, it's like new. They asked if I wanted it enlarged, but I said no, I wouldn't risk putting it back on his finger. I've bought him a gold chain, and he wears it round his neck.

I had a meeting yesterday that the consultant chaired, and he asked about John. I told him about the major seizure, and said that he was much more alert than he was before.

The consultant said that was normal. He said that was how ECT was developed in the 30s, they observed the effect of seizures on epileptics, and experimented with electrically induced seizures in people with mental illnesses, and it worked.

John's still bright and alert most days, but he's having quite severe jerks now, and that's a bit worrying.

One of the carers had him in the sensory room, and she she said he was alert the whole time. Then she said she'd have to take him back to the day room because Hazel would be here soon, and his whole face lit up.

#2 stepson & partner came down yesterday, they're going to come back on Monday and take me back with them for a night. I'm looking forward to that, fingers crossed no disasters in the meantime.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so glad the ring has gone well - it's such a special thing to have and keep. Izzy x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s very interesting about the origin of ECT Hazel.
I`m glad John has his ring back but sorry about the jerks. Do they upset him?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
They just startle him at the time, Sylvia. They don't seem to have lasting ill-effects, but severe ones can lesd to seizure, so I worry about them.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Hazel glad John and his ring are reunited, It is very interesting about the effects of the siezures. as i have mentioned Trevs speech returned a little afterwards much better than before siezure although his mobility went downhill. hope you enjoy your trip love Pam+