Worried about John

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Especially cranachan, I've got a sweet tooth, and I love Scottish raspberries.

Oh....it's food from the gods....:D

I'm not a "pudding person"......but I could live happily on Cranachan...(and Macaroni Pies...:rolleyes:)

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you Sam.

I'm not too happy about John at the moment. After his spell of alertness, he's very sleepy just now, leaning to one side, and not drinking well.

I'll see how he is tomorrow, but I have a suspicion the infection hasn't cleared completely.

Love,

Last edited:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Hazel:
I just updated on your thread. Sorry to hear that John is not too good. I hope all is well - will keep an eye out for news tomorrow.
Jan

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Hazel it is so up and down, think things are stabalising then another uti kicks in, Trevs urine has been worrying me, but no one eles thinks it a prob am i just becoming over sensitive to these things or looking for a reason, i dot think i am, but these days am not sure about anything just think we know our men so well that we pick up on these sutle changes befor medical evidence hope john is stabalising, and you are coping love pam

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Jan.:)

No phone call yet, fingers crossed.

Pam, you're absolutely right, we do pick upon things before anyone else.

OK, it's maybe something trivial, which will sort itself out, but we worry because they mean so much to us.

I hope Trev's OK.

Love,

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Hazel & Trev,

As a carer in a hospital situation ( job before the one I do know:confused:) I always believed in listening to patients Parents/carer's as they are the people who know and knew the patient well and this can make the carer's job easier in that you know you are doing things in a way the person is used to doing. Not only do they seem comfortable and happy, I as a carer am content I have done my best for the patient.
Hazel hope John is a wee bit better today. XXXX

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Connie & Sam,

John's still not too well. His left hand is still very swollen, I think his ring will have to be cut off. I was hoping it would go down enough for me to lide it off, but it's impossible at the moment.

He was also quite jerky today, I hope not a sign of an impending seizure. I didn't get chance to talk to CN today, he was acting manager for the whole home, so very busy. I'll try to catch him tomorrow.

Love,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Rose, Sue and Izzy. I'm probably worrying too much, but John's beed so stable for so long, this is a shock to the system. I'm feeling quite down today.

Not helped by the fact that I've spent much of the day sorting out insurance. Everything -- car, house and contents -- expires at the end of this month, and I discovered I've been paying way over the odds. I'm supposed to get 15% discount as a teacher, so I've been blithely renewing for years. Hmmmm!:(

Sorted now, but I'm exhausted!

Love,

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Skye said:
I hope he'll be OK. Jerks have led into seizure in the past. Hopefully not this time.

I also say hopefully not this time. What about his hand swelling? I find that very unnerving. It's unfortunate that you may have to have his ring cut off but if it's necessary, it's necessary.

Take care and get some rest.