Worried about John

NewKid

Mar 26, 2009
Warwickshire
Hello, just wanted to add to what others have said and send best wishes. I am a relatively new TP-er and you always seem like one of the many wise and kind veteran posters who gives advice and comfort to others. No advice from me but it's certainly your turn for a comforting online pat and boost to your spirits.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you NewKid, that's a kind thought, and much appreciated.:)

John is still bright and alert today, he was sitting out in the sunshine in his sunhat and dark glasses, looking very cool!;)

Now he's off for his afternoon nap.:)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
John is still bright and alert today,

So glad to read that Hazel. Another trauma behind you......no, don't look back.

Take care of yourself too, as these episodes have a way of dragging you down. Love n'hugs.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
It's true, Connie, I feel drained. Just can't find the energy to do anything.

However, John's fine, and that's the main thing.

How are you?

Love,

PS And I'm hitting the chocolate again!

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Hazel..

Delighted to hear that John has rallied so quickly...

he was sitting out in the sunshine in his sunhat and dark glasses, looking very cool
What sunshine....:confused:

Although I'm rather glad if you have sunshine...my daughter and little family are in Innerleithen tonight for her BILs 50th Birthday party..I think they've taken over the village hall..and there's a BBQ...I was invited...(wistful smiley...)

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Oh, I wish you'd been able to come, we could have met up!

One day, Hazel...:)

Our friends who live in Peebles went off to Canada for a couple of weeks yesterday....which is a shame too..so near..yet so far...!

Anyway, Hazel...once the respite is sorted rest assured I'll be visiting Scotland....my spiritual home...:D

There's no escape.....!

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Now why would I want to do that?????

:D When I'm in Scotland....

Macaroni Pies are a must have..:)

And Lorne Sausage...:D

I rave continously about the air and the scenery....even if it's raining....:rolleyes:

And I weep when I hear Bagpipes....they're so beautifully mournful...:cool:

And I never want to leave.....:eek:

love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I'm relying on you to introduce me to macaroni pies, gigi!:)

Well, John is back to his normal sleepy self today. The stimulating effect of the seizure lasted five days.

While it was lovely to have him so responsive, I'd rather no more seizures! On the plus side, he doesn't seem to have deteriorated s a result.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Hazel....

It's good to hear that John has had no further deterioration as a result of his seizure and infection.

I'm relying on you to introduce me to macaroni pies, gigi!
...I'll call at the Butchers/Bakers in Peebles and bring some with me....:D

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Are these like fried Mars Bars

Absolutely not Helen....:eek: Although the local chippy in Peebles used to sell them...I struggle to eat a normal Mars Bar...let alone a deep fried one...:rolleyes:

Macaroni Pies are like a Pork Pie crust and shape..without a topping..and filled with Macaroni Cheese...Lasagne Pies are equally yummy...same thing..filled with beef lasagne instead of macaroni cheese. They can be deep fried thus adding millions of calories to their already overloaded calorific value..:eek: Or just heated up in the microwave or oven. But best eaten still warm and freshly cooked,sitting on a bench overlooking the River Tweed...heaven on earth...:D

Sorry Hazel for disrupting and deviating your thread...:eek:

Love xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hazel,

Good to hear John does not seem to have declined because of the seizure.

While it was lovely to have him so responsive, I'd rather no more seizures! On the plus side, he doesn't seem to have deteriorated s a result.

It was a lovely thing to have him responsive but I agree with no more seizures. At least you had those few extra days.

Love,

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
Hi - very good to hear that things are looking better again.

Could I ask a great favour? - I've had a trawl through the thread trying to find details of the dressing/treatment which finally fixed John's heel, as my old ma's heel has suddenly started to go quite badly backwards having nearly healed up. Our DNs are very nice, but I think some prodding and fresh ideas might be useful. I seem to remember you talking about a dressing by the name of Biatin(??). A couple of bullet points on dressings/meds used would be vv useful. Thanks.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi foxhound

I's Biatain:

http://www.coloplast.co.uk/ECompany...IEWDOCSBYID)/A5DCE994EDE9454480256F8E005F80B1

The dressings are quite difficult to apply correctly on the heel. They'll probbly say the dressings can be left on for up to a week; don't go for that, they begin to smell after a few days. They started off with 5 days for John, but had to reduce it to 3.

It took a long time to heal, but it did eventually, after about a year.

John wore a sock over the dressing, then a sheepskin heel protectors as an added precaution. (Lots of suppliers if you google).

I hope your mum's heel responds.

foxhound

Jun 26, 2008
Hazel - thanks for the super-rapid response - v helpful. I'll suggest those to the DN's - but first I'll get them to swab for an infection - I have a hunch there's one bubbling under the surface.

Thinking fondly of Scotland, but not, I fear, of macaroni pies (now, my father did love those - brought up on excellent Austro-Hungarian/French cooking, he came to this country and fell totally in love with Brit school food! Very very odd is all I can say!) Now, if you're thinking Scot-food, what's wrong with a nice crab, followed by gigot, followed by cranachan? Actually, why stop at gigot - a whole wee lambie grilled over a wood fire -now that is eating....

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What about some nice Scottish salmon? Being in Pitlochry at the moment salmon is on my mind!! Or haggis - I love it! Izzy x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi foxhound and Izzy

Yes, all of those!!!!:D:eek::D

Especially cranachan, I've got a sweet tooth, and I love Scottish raspberries.